USB Sound Card, cheap alternatives?

Hey guys ~

My onboard sound is pretty bad in terms of interference so I had to buy this little thing for my microphone.

Whenever I had it plugged into my 3.5mm mic input it would have these annoying hissing sounds and the volume was terrible.

This little turd of a sound card has been working pretty well for my microphone BUT plugging my headphones into it sounds terrible so I've been using the one on my computer (which works totally fine).

What I'm getting at is: I want a USB sound card, DAC, whatever you want to call it, that has a microphone and headphone jack on it that will give me good sound for both :3

Anyone know of such a product that is under $20? I've looked around and it seems like everything goes straight from $3 to $150 lmao

Any help is greatly appreciated ~

I found something but I don't know if it's nice ;~;

My 5.1 speakers only play through 2 speakers when I'm playing music or something, I wonder if this would fix that problem?

Wish my onboard was smart enough to do that by itself >.>

Never mind I read the specs :P

I found something but I don't know if it's nice ;~;

My 5.1 speakers only play through 2 speakers when I'm playing music or something, I wonder if this would fix that problem?

Wish my onboard was smart enough to do that by itself >.>

Never mind I read the specs :P

Unless you apply a surround dsp or something, it is normal for 2 channel audio to come out from just 2 channels. Just make sure that your bass management is working (satellite speakers not set to full range) if you want the lows to utilize the sub. You should be generally fine at that point unless you want surround sound from 2 channel sources (then you can apply a surround dsp, perhaps by software).

This little turd of a sound card has been working pretty well for my microphone BUT plugging my headphones into it sounds terrible so I've been using the one on my computer (which works totally fine).

What I'm getting at is: I want a USB sound card, DAC, whatever you want to call it, that has a microphone and headphone jack on it that will give me good sound for both :3

Anyone know of such a product that is under $20? I've looked around and it seems like everything goes straight from $3 to $150 lmao

Any help is greatly appreciated ~

Not 20 dollars, but may be worth a look:

http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-ICUSBAUDIO2D-Adapter-External-Digital/dp/B00F7120TQ/

Set it to direct and adjust the volume to maintain a clean output. It's based on a nicer chipset than the cheaper USB sound solutions.