In need of cheap storage

Zvesda

Me and a friend have started doing lots of video editing and after effects work along with the gaming and recording we do and storage is going fast.

And....After Effects takes up a TON of storage space, 100gb for the content stuff and we need more drives. I only have a 1tb drive in my computer and am down to 200gb, I need more hard drives soon but they are around 50$ for 1tb, i am 16 and unfortunately my mother does not let me have a job, that being said i earn 20$ a month from allowance which is not very sustainable as i already have things i need to pay for. I am in need of just some 5400rpm 1tb or whatever drives that are cheap, they can be SATA 2 or whatever ya know, USB is fine, Esata is fine. 

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

look on CL/ebay for used drives if you can't find any new ones cheap enough.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Me and a friend have started doing lots of video editing and after effects work along with the gaming and recording we do and storage is going fast.

And....After Effects takes up a TON of storage space, 100gb for the content stuff and we need more drives. I only have a 1tb drive in my computer and am down to 200gb, I need more hard drives soon but they are around 50$ for 1tb, i am 16 and unfortunately my mother does not let me have a job, that being said i earn 20$ a month from allowance which is not very sustainable as i already have things i need to pay for. I am in need of just some 5400rpm 1tb or whatever drives that are cheap, they can be SATA 2 or whatever ya know, USB is fine, Esata is fine. 

drives don't get much cheaper then $50 for a TB to be honest... you could go try looking at other peoples scrapped PC's and see if they took  the drives out 

-snip-

Yeah, new drives 1TB not sure you'll find em. For $20 you can get probably a 320GB new. Alternatively you can take a look at eBay for refurbished drives, yes this is calling out a devil but desperate times call for desperate measures.

look at link i posted

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

Yeah, new drives 1TB not sure you'll find em. For $20 you can get probably a 320GB new. Alternatively you can take a look at eBay for refurbished drives, yes this is calling out a devil but desperate times call for desperate measures.

drives don't get much cheaper then $50 for a TB to be honest... you could go try looking at other peoples scrapped PC's and see if they took  the drives out 

look on CL/ebay for used drives if you can't find any new ones cheap enough.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/hitachi-internal-hard-drive-hds722020ala330

$60 for 2 TB 

First tell your mom you need a job and then get one, not to be a dick but your mom needs to step back and let you start growing up.... as for cheap storage, 50 for a 1tb is basicly what your best option is. Maybe ask for a 2tb drive for christmas or black friday is coming up soon and harddrives will be cheap as shit

I think he just mentioned he doesn't have $60 USD.

Only 10 dollars cheaper than 50 dollar 1TB

I've never seen 1TB hard drives go under 50 bucks.

I'd say it's time to start working. If you can fit it into your schedule.

Flipping burgers isn't a popular dream job. But it's a good place to start

And a good place to get work experience which is very important from what i know.

I've never seen 1TB hard drives go under 50 bucks.

I'd say it's time to start working. If you can fit it into your schedule.

Flipping burgers isn't a popular dream job. But it's a good place to start

And a good place to get work experience which is very important from what i know.

$39

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/hitachi-internal-hard-drive-hde721010sla330

again

I said it doesn't get much cheaper then $50 for a TB never said anything about anything else for higher so shhh

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/hitachi-internal-hard-drive-hde721010sla330

1TB way cheaper

congratulations. you found a drive that has been at that price for 2 months.

seriously. what if $60 is too much for him?

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Are you bloody serious? Reported for spamming.

Im making everyone area, Are you bloody serious reporting

Im making everyone area, Are you bloody serious reporting

You just posted 8 times the amount of content that can fit in half a post. And the content you posted was semi-relevant to this topic. If I didn't know any better I would say you are trying to rack up posts. I know you want to help, but...

Seriously, read before you post.

You just posted 8 times the amount of content that can fit in half a post. And the content you posted was semi-relevant to this topic. If I didn't know any better I would say you are trying to rack up posts.

Seriously, read before you post.

Im not trying to rack posts, Actually I never thought of that before

Mom issue is a done situation, i do not own a cellphone either :(. Back to the point, 60$ for 2tb is good i could talk to my dad about that. I checked craigslist and there is some dumbass selling 120gb drives for 15$ each....... And yeah stop spamming goodman

ok so good news and bad news, my grandpa had a new scorpio black(super good HDD!) thats for a laptop, 2.5inch, same as an SSD. but my case has no slots for SSD's. Can i just stuck it on the bottom of my case or on top of my other HDD?