Change Directory

Graph1cs

Hello Guys,

So recently I had installed a 256GB SSD on my PC. What I need is to change the default location of programs to install on the Hard Drive instead the SSD. I have C as SSD & D as HDD. I have used the method where you can change the ProgramFilesDir from regedit but now all the programs are getting deleted. Also, programs are still installing the C Drive. Do you have any solution?

Swap the places i mean hdd to C ssd to D   ;)

I've ran into this issue as well when I installed my SSD. Just get used to changing the directory when installing a program. Most programs allow you to choose where the program files will go. 

Yeah, it's a little something you'll have to get used to. When you install an application, always choose custom or advanced instead of simple/express and change the install location manually. If you're installing a lot of stuff, maybe leave a 'sticky note' on your desktop with the directory you want to install to and just copy/paste it in every time.

Or, if you even can, just as @Tonny said, you could swap the C drive to be D or whatever and change the HDD to be C. However, I think he's trolling. It's something I've never tried, but as far as I'm aware, it's not possible to change C.

If you have 64 bit Windows then you also need to edit the string for ProgramFilesDir (x86) to change it to your HDD.