Beigesys - Bring back the BEIGE style cases!

ReviewsByGarry

y1x5lAk.jpg

So this idea came after I won a budget ECS Z97 motherboard at the Fragging Frogs VLAN and had been wanting to do a throwback looking build for awhile. So I took to the Googles and searched up a Beige case and found this IN WIN CA-V500 case and thought, I have the PERFECT power supply that is almost brand new (well new old stock anyway), and it will run the board just perfect with a low end CPU using onboard graphics.

So here's the part list:

Case: IN WIN CA-V500 

Motherboard: ECS Z97-PK

CPU: Intel Celeron G1840

Memory: Kingston HyperX 1600MHZ (8GB - 4x2) 1600Mhz

Storage: OCZ Arc 100 120GB SSD

Power Supply: Antec 380W Earthwatts 80 Plus

Will this be the most powerful system, hell no. This is just for fun and using spare parts I had laying around (had to buy the case for $20 and CPU for $35 ignore the price sticker, MicroCenter derp). 

Figured it would be a fun thing to do and will be a nice little workstation or HTPC or streaming box for someone. 

I may even throw in some OLD cathodes I've had to add some light to the vent on the door and maybe the front panel. 

DSC01753.jpg

DSC01754.jpg

DSC01755.jpg

DSC01756.jpg

DSC01757.jpg

Still searching the house for some sort of fans, to at least MOVE air out, not extremely concerned with it considering it's using onboard everything, but at least one one exhaust fan. 

y1x5lAk.jpg

So this idea came after I won a budget ECS Z97 motherboard at the Fragging Frogs VLAN and had been wanting to do a throwback looking build for awhile. So I took to the Googles and searched up a Beige case and found this IN WIN CA-V500 case and thought, I have the PERFECT power supply that is almost brand new (well new old stock anyway), and it will run the board just perfect with a low end CPU using onboard graphics.

So here's the part list:

Case: IN WIN CA-V500 

Motherboard: ECS Z97-PK

CPU: Intel Celeron G1840

Memory: Kingston HyperX 1600MHZ (8GB - 4x2) 1600Mhz

Storage: OCZ Arc 100 120GB SSD

Power Supply: Antec 380W Earthwatts 80 Plus

Will this be the most powerful system, hell no. This is just for fun and using spare parts I had laying around (had to buy the case for $20 and CPU for $35 ignore the price sticker, MicroCenter derp). 

Figured it would be a fun thing to do and will be a nice little workstation or HTPC or streaming box for someone. 

I may even throw in some OLD cathodes I've had to add some light to the vent on the door and maybe the front panel. 

DSC01753.jpg

DSC01754.jpg

DSC01755.jpg

DSC01756.jpg

DSC01757.jpg

ayy, I see you on twitch and twitter all the time.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Hey guys, thanks for replying, hey Gofspar, how you been? Long time no chat, still using the 3770k?

Update to the project, found a 80mm fan for rear exhaust, brand new one I took out of a Rosewill case awhile ago. 

DSC01758.jpg

I miss beige cases.  Still have my first desktop (that was 100% mine) and it's beige.

Workstation:  14700nonK || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 13700K @ Stock || MSI Z690 DDR4 || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3060 RTX Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

I miss beige cases.  Still have my first desktop (that was 100% mine) and it's beige.

I like them too, plain, simple and clean, I'll post more of this build once I start on it. :) 

I have a somewhat rational fear that my computer is going to get stolen while I'm away from my dorm, I was thinking about doing something like this.

Gonna be awesome, Hook it up to one of those high resolution CRT's and we will have a winner but what you really need, is a MB with a green PCB.

Some music to go with the theme:

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Here's a photo of the top after taking off the side panel and top panel and installing the Antec PSU, love how all 3 panels were removable. 

DSC01759.jpg

Back shot of the PSU installed.

DSC01760.jpg

Top shot of the cables I won't be using bundled up and hidden in the 5.25 slot space.

DSC01761.jpg

Cables from front of case and PSU I will be using for the build.

DSC01762.jpg

Photos of the one side mounted OCZ Arc 100 SSD drive. 

DSC01765.jpg

DSC01766.jpg

Photo after putting the motherboard in, fits pretty well in a basic case due to the dull color scheme of the board. 

DSC01768.jpg

Photo after installing the CPU, Ram, hooking up the PSU cables and running the rear exhaust fan.

DSC01771.jpg

Photo of all the panel connectors hooked up, amazingly enough this case did have two front USB ports.

DSC01772.jpg

Screenshot after testing my 8.1 install, which went much faster than I expected, this hardware was much better than I expected it to be speed wise. 

image.png

Photo of the inside after I tied up all the cables before the final case reassembly, looks much cleaner than I expected it would. 

DSC01777.jpg

Photo of the back after it was all reassembled and put together.

DSC01778.jpg

Photo of the side panel with the exhaust vent. 

DSC01779.jpg

and the last photo, of the front after the final assembly.

DSC01780.jpg

Oh god no

Why was everything BEIGE back than

Always has to be that ONE person. lol. 

Is it just me or does it looks like one of the pci slots has been desoldered?

Yeah, I found that kinda odd too, but it's listed that way on all the sites and on their site as well. http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Product/Product_Detail.aspx?DetailID=1571&CategoryID=1&MenuID=189&DCID=2&LanID=0

I figured it was just some sort of "money" savings crap that ECS did, I wouldn't trust much more than a i3 in this board to be honest.

• 1 year later...

Wouldn't be a beige case build with 80mm fans, the defacto size for old case fans!

Also, it's almost hard to believe that case was made by In Win. Quite a contrast to their fancy glass-clad cases of today.