Ocz Vector Dead after 3 Months

Go to solution Solved by waraich,

Manufacturer Contact Info

NewEgg has everything...

Thanks but unfortunately i live in the uk, so calling that number would be expensive.

however i did get a reply from OCZ saying:

Your RMA return Address is:

TSB Supply Chain Ltd c/o OCZ Technology Group 

OCZ RMA Dept.

Unit A, Stafford Park 2 

Telford, Shropshire 

TF3 3AR 

UK

The original OCZ product has to arrive at our warehouse within 30 days after the RMA number is issued.

If you return a SSD: Please return the SSD only, accessories like 3.5" mounting bracket will not be replaced.

If you return a RAM kit: Please return the whole kit, OCZ is unable to replace single modules.

If you return a PSU: Please include all cables.

Clearly write your RMA number on the package using a black marker.  Any packages received without an RMA number clearly visible on the outside of the package will be rejected.  Please include a copy of this RMA information sheet inside your package.  Please include a copy of your original receipt if possible. 

Secure the product by using at least two inches of bubble wrap or foam.  OCZ recommends shipping using a traceable courier, such as FedEx or UPS.  OCZ will not be responsible for lost RMA packages. Please be advised that OCZ will not cover the charges for your shipment to our facility.

Do not lose your RMA number! We will not be able to track your RMA status without it. 

You may verify and track your RMA at:

http://rma.ocztechnology.com/rmalookup.aspx

If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us.  For RMA status, please contact the RMA Department.

I have an OCZ vector which i believe has died out on me just 3 months after receiving it brand new as a gift. My computer isn't able to recognize it in any of the sata ports that are on my motherboard, i have even tried using one of my other systems, but it still isn't recognized within the bios and it does not allow me to boot solely of it either. I am not sure what i can do about it as i don't have the receipt neither does the person who bought it as a gift for me.

Also, i have already have had several problems with my OCZ vector, like before it died i had to re-install windows several times as i used to get blue screen of death after a period of time, which apparently is not that rare with the ocz vector as i have seen several posts in different forums with the same problem. to prove it it was my ocz vector which was causing the problem i swapped it out with another ssd and my system was

working perfectly fine.

i am quite disappointed as i have always had a really good experience with OCZ products

so i am not sure what to do?

if anyone can give me advice on what to do, please do as it well be much appreciated.  :)

Thanks

Kind Regards,

Waraich

Motherboard - Maximus V Formula Processor - i5 3570K RAM - 32GB Graphics Card - EVGA GTX 780 Power Supply - EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750B     CPU Cooler - Corsair H100   Case - Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition Level 10 GT Snow Edition

Rma it , you have a long warranty

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Rma it , you have a long warranty

Wouldn't i be asked for proof of purchase? 

Motherboard - Maximus V Formula Processor - i5 3570K RAM - 32GB Graphics Card - EVGA GTX 780 Power Supply - EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750B     CPU Cooler - Corsair H100   Case - Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition Level 10 GT Snow Edition

Yea  it should still be under warranty if you bought it new .

Just send it back, you'll most likely get a new one, or it'll be repaired.

There's a time and place for everything! But not now. - Professor Oak

i7 2600K 4.3GHz  -  GTX 1060 3GB  - ASUS P8Z68-V - 16GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - EIZO 1080p 120Hz VA

Intel Skulltrail: 2x Core 2 Quad QX9775 - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-800 CL5 Quad Channel

EVGA SR-2 Classified - 2x Xeon X5675 4.2GHz - 24GB DDR3-1830 C10 Triple Channel

Intel Skulltrail #2: 2x Xeon E5472  - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-667 CL5 Quad Channel

Yea  it should still be under warranty if you bought it new .

I did, but i am not sure if i will actually be able to get the receipt.  

I did, but i am not sure if i will actually be able to get the receipt.  

Well call them, they will explain what you need to do , or just search in google. 

If you bought it online it should be saved in their invoices.  If you bought it in the store somewhere, most of the time they will let you switch the same items out and I guess they rma it themselves or whatever they do.

Everyone is missing that you got it as a gift. Call OCZ support ask them what to do.

[TRUENO] i7 4770k (~4.4Ghz, 1.28v) || Thermalright Macho 120 || Asus Z87 Gryphon || 2x8Gb Mushkin Blackline|| Reference NVIDIA GTX770 || Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB || 2x3TB WD HDD || Corsair 350D || Corsair RM750

Yeah and all he/she has to do is ask them for invoice or w/e so he can get a new one.  But either way calling them would be the best bet on knowing what you need.

Unfortunately, can't seem to find any number for ocz. But I have contacted them via there support ticket.

Manufacturer Contact Info

NewEgg has everything...

Thanks but unfortunately i live in the uk, so calling that number would be expensive.

however i did get a reply from OCZ saying:

Your RMA return Address is:

TSB Supply Chain Ltd c/o OCZ Technology Group 

OCZ RMA Dept.

Unit A, Stafford Park 2 

Telford, Shropshire 

TF3 3AR 

UK

The original OCZ product has to arrive at our warehouse within 30 days after the RMA number is issued.

If you return a SSD: Please return the SSD only, accessories like 3.5" mounting bracket will not be replaced.

If you return a RAM kit: Please return the whole kit, OCZ is unable to replace single modules.

If you return a PSU: Please include all cables.

Clearly write your RMA number on the package using a black marker.  Any packages received without an RMA number clearly visible on the outside of the package will be rejected.  Please include a copy of this RMA information sheet inside your package.  Please include a copy of your original receipt if possible. 

Secure the product by using at least two inches of bubble wrap or foam.  OCZ recommends shipping using a traceable courier, such as FedEx or UPS.  OCZ will not be responsible for lost RMA packages. Please be advised that OCZ will not cover the charges for your shipment to our facility.

Do not lose your RMA number! We will not be able to track your RMA status without it. 

You may verify and track your RMA at:

http://rma.ocztechnology.com/rmalookup.aspx

If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us.  For RMA status, please contact the RMA Department.