Zenfone 2 Question

TheKDub

I'm planning on getting an Asus Zenfone 2 (4GB RAM, 16GB Storage) in a week or two (hopefully less than that) and have been wondering about the issues it has had with android 5.0 eating it's battery life, does anyone know if asus has fixed the issue? or will I just have to deal with the slightly lesser battery life for a while?

Thanks!

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I am about to too LOL, i would love an answer :)

Nice, I've just gotta wait for enough money to flow in for me to be able to afford it while still having some money left over for gas and such... lol

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I was thinking of the same thing or maybe get a Moto X play. Isn't the 4GB RAM version have 64GB of storage?

I was thinking of the same thing or maybe get a Moto X play. Isn't the 4GB RAM version have 64GB of storage?

nah i was gonna get this one http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_170574.html?currency=USD&gclid=CjwKEAjw-IOwBRD1wrTC27fSjFISJABUDZ17muu2leVei3gp4xRCOcm_KVADSplGpXsvJSo6QCF85xoCPMDw_wcB

There is a 4GB RAM version with 16GB of storage, then another with 64GB of storage, then a 2GB RAM version with 16GB of storage.

I'm fairly sure that the battery eating thing has more to do with the uber-inefficient screen than anything else, because if I turn the screen on mine off and set it to hotspot mode, it'll last two solid days.

I'm fairly sure that the battery eating thing has more to do with the uber-inefficient screen than anything else, because if I turn the screen on mine off and set it to hotspot mode, it'll last two solid days.

Idk, but quite a few reviews I had watched/read on it said that it was an issue with the version of android.

you can always install a custom rom like cyanogen

Yeah, the only thing I have to worry about then would be:

1. Fucking it up and bricking the phone.

2. Losing some features that the phone offers.

I think I heard something about being able to restore the original rom or something in the event that rooting it fails or something like that, but I don't have much of a clue lol

Don't buy it from Gearbest. That's not the US version, so you won't be able to get LTE in the US. Gearbest sells Chinese smartphones, so the Zenfone 2 on their website is the Chinese version.

Buy it from Newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=asus+zenfone+2&N=-1&isNodeId=1

COMIC SANS

Don't buy it from Gearbest. That's not the US version, so you won't be able to get LTE in the US. Gearbest sells Chinese smartphones, so the Zenfone 2 on their website is the Chinese version.

Buy it from Newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=asus+zenfone+2&N=-1&isNodeId=1

I'm planning on buying mine from amazon. (I can use my mum's amazon prime to get two day shipping free :P)

Buy it from Newegg.

lol i wasn't i was just too lazy to search it up on newegg