My future rig

Wolfire

Hi, im going to have a new rig with following parts : Crosair Vengence C70 Military green, MSi Gaming M5 motherboard, i7 6700k, Cooler Master V8, 8 gb of DDR 4 from Corsair or GSkill, a Corsair AX860 PSU, a 3 tb Western Digital HDD and a GPU (of course) i cannot choose a GPu there are so much, i got a 600$ budget for the GPU, i have the choice between all these ones : MSi GTX 970 Gaming 4 g, MSi GTX 980, 2x GTX 960 Gaming 4gb, MSi R9 390X 8gb, Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X and finally, i know it is not in my budget but, a MSi GTX 980 Ti Lightning. So what you recommend to me? I am planning to make a Youtube channel and playing on a 1440p monitor also, can you give me an idea of what brand of monitor i should get, i like to have something around 23 inch one.

If your budget is 600$ you should be able to afford a 980Ti, it doesn't have to be a Lightning version.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

I read your post and I thought you were trolling for a second by having all of those graphics cards in one build. Personally I would either recommend buying a 980 ti or 970 now and upgrading to SLI in the future. Beast 4k, 1440p performance. 

My C70 brother! I have the measurements to have a replacement side window cut so as to remove the holes for the fan is you ever need it.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

I read your post and I thought you were trolling for a second by having all of those graphics cards in one build. Personally I would either recommend buying a 980 ti or 970 now and upgrading to SLI in the future. Beast 4k, 1440p performance.

im not actually interested into 4k monitors, i prefer to stick with 1080p and 1440p monitors.

If your budget is 600$ you should be able to afford a 980Ti, it doesn't have to be a Lightning version.

i really want the lightning edition, i just love it. I love MSi, i will stop getting MSi when other brand will make way way better. But for now, always MSi.

Oh shit nevermind, the Lightning is like 1100 $ in canadian. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

... was gonna say did i just got super ripped off buy buying a gtx980 Ti for $1300AUS???? almost gave me a heart attack

i really want the lightning edition, i just love it. I love MSi, i will stop getting MSi when other brand will make way way better. But for now, always MSi.

You should either get R9 390 and Crossfire it later with another one, or get a 980Ti, MSI Gaming or Gigabyte G1 one =)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

You should either get R9 390 and Crossfire it later with another one, or get a 980Ti, MSI Gaming or Gigabyte G1 one =)

hmmm, i don't really know about AMD side of things. What is better if comparing a GTX 970 vs a R9 390. I heard that AMD re use the same kind of gpu but just rename it, and also make more heat than a GTX. But i saw that it drain more power than a GTX. Tell me if im wrong. I do not plan playing on multiple monitor.

hmmm, i don't really know about AMD side of things. What is better if comparing a GTX 970 vs a R9 390. I heard that AMD re use the same kind of gpu but just rename it, and also make more heat than a GTX. But i saw that it drain more power than a GTX. Tell me if im wrong. I do not plan playing on multiple monitor.

The R9 390 is better than the GTX 970. End of story, it's a better card for the same money. Note: I own a GTX970.

The R9 390 is better than the GTX 970. End of story, it's a better card for the same money. Note: I own a GTX970.

sure you say end of story, but really, i wanna know why, i don't want to throw money at the window. The R9 (as my knowledge) re use the same chip and making smalls upgrades, it consume alot more than a GTX and it makes more heat than a GTX. I had a AMD card before and i had alot of issues with it, so much that the plastic mounted on it melted. Yeah, it was like a 2 gb of gddr3 and not a big heat sink but it was really hot, i don't mean that AMD is shit, but my friend is with Nvidia and he says that it perform better than an AMD, also, let me guess, AMD fanboy? Im not a Nvidia fanboy, im a MSi fanboy. So, i want a GPU that will run cool, have high performance and a long life. I had a HD 5650 before and it did well, but i wanna change.

sure you say end of story, but really, i wanna know why, i don't want to throw money at the window. The R9 (as my knowledge) re use the same chip and making smalls upgrades, it consume alot more than a GTX and it makes more heat than a GTX. I had a AMD card before and i had alot of issues with it, so much that the plastic mounted on it melted. Yeah, it was like a 2 gb of gddr3 and not a big heat sink but it was really hot, i don't mean that AMD is shit, but my friend is with Nvidia and he says that it perform better than an AMD, also, let me guess, AMD fanboy? Im not a Nvidia fanboy, im a MSi fanboy. So, i want a GPU that will run cool, have high performance and a long life. I had a HD 5650 before and it did well, but i wanna change.

I'm not an AMD fanboy, or any kind of a fanboy. I have an AMD FX-8350 CPU and a Nvidia GTX 970 GPU so I guess I'm not.

Anyway back on topic: AMD R9 3XX series is an improved 2XX series with no heat issues and lower power draw. The 390 power draw is marginally bigger than a 970's. It's not much of a difference, really. Temps will be around the same.

Why is it a better card?

- It's more powerful

- It has over twice of usable VRAM

- Its DirectX12 benchmarks look very promising (However we can't know anything for sure yet.)

- It costs the same or even slightly cheaper in some cases.

When I bought my 970 the 390 was not out yet and best AMD offered within that price range was a 290X which was worse and older than the 970. I would buy a 390 right now if I could choose.

Look at this video, it should explain everything you want to know (Skip to 8:20, benchmarks start about there):

I'm not an AMD fanboy, or any kind of a fanboy. I have an AMD FX-8350 CPU and a Nvidia GTX 970 GPU so I guess I'm not.

Anyway back on topic: AMD R9 3XX series is an improved 2XX series with no heat issues and lower power draw. The 390 power draw is marginally bigger than a 970's. It's not much of a difference, really. Temps will be around the same.

Why is it a better card?

- It's more powerful

- It has over twice of usable VRAM

- Its DirectX12 benchmarks look very promising (However we can't know anything for sure yet.)

- It costs the same or even slightly cheaper in some cases.

When I bought my 970 the 390 was not out yet and best AMD offered within that price range was a 290X which was worse and older than the 970. I would buy a 390 right now if I could choose.

Look at this video, it should explain everything you want to know (Skip to 8:20, benchmarks start about there):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9cKZiJw6Pk

or i wait to get the HBM2 from Nvidia! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh shit, nevermind guys, i just saw the price in the canadian pc part picker and its way more than i expected so ill upgrade my pc later on with these specs.