(Device Descriptor Request Failed) Code 43 Windows 10

Hi All,

I have a rather frustrating issue. I recently built a computer for a friend which for about 6 months has been fine. Even they did the windows 10 upgrade themselves with no issues although the PC is pretty much used as a browsing machine and HTPC using Kodi media player. Recently my friend become frustrated that the keyboard and mouse stopped working suddenly and couldn't get hold of me for tech support and so returned them for a refund and bought a different brand. The returned brand were Logitech and the new wireless keyboard and mouse are Microsoft they installed and worked fine for about 24hrs and then stopped again. In windows device manager it says this verbatim:

(Device Descriptor Request Failed) Code 43

I have tried literally everything. This youtube video demonstrates exactly what happens ---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz0gyVWyVSc

I've reinstalled the chipset drivers with the wireless keyboard and mouse receiver whilst unplugged then reinserted in a different port and still doesn't work.

If it makes a difference the PC specs:

ASUS H81I-PLUS

Intel G3258 Anniversary Edition 3.2GHz

4GB DDR3 1600MHz HyperX Fury RAM

500GB Seagate SSHD

Antec ISK110 Mini-ITX Case with 90W PSU

Windows 10 Pro -Upgraded from 7 Pro x64

I have been providing support and instructions through Skype and over the phone to my friend I will post more detailed info when I can get an output from device mangler and actually be at the computer  :P . If anyone has any other ideas then it would be most appreciated.

PS I've been managed to do control the PC through VNC which I left on there in case anything like this happened but its not a practical solution lol