X99 SOC Force can't charge my phone faster than it drains.

EddieXI

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone else suffers the same problem or has a fix for this. I'm using a Note 3 and I'm trying to use my computer to charge the phone but when I am using the phone actively, the battery drains faster than it charges. I do not have the problem when I charge the phone via wall wart. I orignally thought it was just from using the front usb ports but I switched to the back and I sill have the same problem. Even if I'm not using the phone, it charges ridiculously slowly. Overnight it only made it to 90% from 50%.

Can anyone give me a suggestion?

Just in case it makes a difference, my specs are as followed:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X99-SOC Force

CPU: Intel 5930k

RAM: 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinums 3000Mhz 15-15-15-26

GPU: 2-way SLI GTX 970

PSU: Corsair AX860i

Thanks in advance

Check you BIOS settings. By default USB only emits 500mA of current, enough for a keyboard but not a power hungry phone. There should be an option in the BIOS to allow higher current delivery over USB.

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).

Thanks for your suggestions guys but I don't have any options in my bios to increase the USB output.

Is there any other solution or should I just opt to get a powered hub?