Best gtx 980 ti

Hi.

I was wondering what is the best gtx 980 ti for my rig and don't about the price just don't recommend the kingpin since I can't purchase it in my country.

I will be playing such games as Far cry 4,Skyrim,Lol, Cs go, Shadow of mordor, Gta v and many other games on a 1440p 144hz monitor.

I will be putting them in an sli configuration with my i7 6700k build.

Don't know what else to say except thank you!

I love the reference coolers, they are VERY good at keeping a solid temp, while even over clocking. Some YouTube videos point this out that the new reference cooler design is one of, if not the best OEM factory coolers of any GPU, regardless of brand.

http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Graphics-Card-06G-P4-4990-KR/dp/B00YDAYOEG/ref=sr_1_7?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1442902192&sr=1-7&keywords=gtx+980ti

@622 USD, 5121 NOK... not a bad price mate :D

ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ PROJECT: GreenLANTERN (click to view)

I love the reference coolers, they are VERY good at keeping a solid temp, while even over clocking. Some YouTube videos point this out that the new reference cooler design is one of, if not the best OEM factory coolers of any GPU, regardless of brand.

http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Graphics-Card-06G-P4-4990-KR/dp/B00YDAYOEG/ref=sr_1_7?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1442902192&sr=1-7&keywords=gtx+980ti

@622 USD, 5121 NOK... not a bad price mate 

I thought everyone hated the reference cooler. The green doesn't really fit the red on the rog hero board but, it doesn't really matter if it is a performance gain. Should I get a reference over a non reference cooler? Yay, 200 posts!! :P

I thought everyone hated the reference cooler. The green doesn't really fit the red on the rog hero board but, it doesn't really matter if it is a performance gain. Should I get a reference over a non reference cooler? Yay, 200 posts!! :P

Honestly, cooler wise it's so spread out, but I have read people and myself love the reference cooler. I recently had a +267mhz core clock, with a +212mhz memory clock @ 76*c. That is at 1080p, 60hz and playing BF4 on Ultra.

However, I have read that people LOVE the Asus GTX 980ti STRIX cooler. Many reviews, blogs, forums rate this cooler VERY WELL.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121972

ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ PROJECT: GreenLANTERN (click to view)

I got myself a classified, and planning to upgrade this week as the GPU waterblock and backplate is coming this week from EK. 

The G1 is also a pretty good option. 

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

I got myself a classified, and planning to upgrade this week as the GPU waterblock and backplate is coming this week from EK. 

The G1 is also a pretty good option. 

I was planning on getting the classified but I didn't know if other cards performed better. I plan on watercooling in the future when I get the cash for it. Should I go with the classified or do you recommend anything above it?

Honestly, cooler wise it's so spread out, but I have read people and myself love the reference cooler. I recently had a +267mhz core clock, with a +212mhz memory clock @ 76*c. That is at 1080p, 60hz and playing BF4 on Ultra.

However, I have read that people LOVE the Asus GTX 980ti STRIX cooler. Many reviews, blogs, forums rate this cooler VERY WELL.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121972

I don't think I want to go with a reference design since the green does not fit the color scheme and I do not know how to spray paint... I read that the strix was pretty good but are there any better options?(except the kingpin)

the fastest is the KINGPIN no question

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

the fastest is the KINGPIN no question

If you read above, the kingpin is not available in my country and I do not plan to import since I have to pay 25% extra since it is over 34 dollars. 

G1 gaming from gigabyte, but rip ears with COIL whining :(

Ive a 980ti strix plays everything very very well. So not complaining. 

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

G1 gaming from gigabyte, but rip ears with COIL whining :(

Ive a 980ti strix plays everything very very well. So not complaining. 

I see that the strix is recommended again. Would you recommend the strix over the g1 gaming or vice versa?

I see that the strix is recommended again. Would you recommend the strix over the g1 gaming or vice versa?

Well if you like coil whining go for the g1 gaming better OC, but if you dont OC strix is a very very good option. :) 

Also the g1 gaming wasnt compatible with my color scheme. So strix it was :D

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

Well if you like coil whining go for the g1 gaming better OC, but if you dont OC strix is a very very good option. :)

Also the g1 gaming wasnt compatible with my color scheme. So strix it was :D

I see :) I plan on doing a slight overclock on the strix if that is the one I get. I am very picky when it comes to components-.-

I was planning on getting the classified but I didn't know if other cards performed better. I plan on watercooling in the future when I get the cash for it. Should I go with the classified or do you recommend anything above it?

The blocks available are: Classified, Strix, G1 and I think they will have MSi's lightning as well. 

Coil whine has a tonne of factors, I've installed two for my friends, one had no coil whine. The other had coil whine..but it was strange when it was under load it had no whine, but go to windows or something and it was whining. This could only be heard when I had everything installed outside of the pc, once in the case the whine could not be heard. 

I'm going to post my build log, with the experience of overclocking the classified as well. You can't really go wrong, Strix seems to have no coil whine, but I would look around to make sure. 

When I installed my brothers TI, the stock cooler had coil whine, which went away after it was water-cooled. Something else to consider as well if your planning to watercool it in the future. 

I would personally tell you to water-cool it immediately, saves the hassle, plus you can overclock it and leave it. 

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

I see :) I plan on doing a slight overclock on the strix if that is the one I get. I am very picky when it comes to components-.-

RIP my grammar :D

but OCing on the strix card isnt bad only you can get higher clocks on the g1 due the 600 watt heat dissipation.  

The blocks available are: Classified, Strix, G1 and I think they will have MSi's lightning as well. 

Coil whine has a tonne of factors, I've installed two for my friends, one had no coil whine. The other had coil whine..but it was strange when it was under load it had no whine, but go to windows or something and it was whining. This could only be heard when I had everything installed outside of the pc, once in the case the whine could not be heard. 

I'm going to post my build log, with the experience of overclocking the classified as well. You can't really go wrong, Strix seems to have no coil whine, but I would look around to make sure. 

When I installed my brothers TI, the stock cooler had coil whine, which went away after it was water-cooled. Something else to consider as well if your planning to watercool it in the future. 

I would personally tell you to water-cool it immediately, saves the hassle, plus you can overclock it and leave it. 

Jayztwocents said: You should not let the build suffer just so you could watercool it. May not be is exact words but they were pretty much the same. It seems like it is between the strix and the classified. They both are se** cards but what would you recommend overall of those two?

RIP my grammar :D

but OCing on the strix card isnt bad only you can get higher clocks on the g1 due the 600 watt heat dissipation.  

Lol. So... Should I risk getting a g1 with coil whine or choose a strix with almost a guaranteed chance of no coil whine?

Lol. So... Should I risk getting a g1 with coil whine or choose a strix with almost a guaranteed chance of no coil whine?

There is a 70% that your card has coil whining. I dont like noise so i would go for the strix, but there is still a chance you have coil whining. 

G1 is cheaper due coil whining but great performance

Strix is more expensive also a great cooling solution but not to the same degree. 

Are you planning on water cooling your gpu ? Or not even thinking about it. (if you are you can go with the g1 :D)

Personally i would go for the strix, because of a lower chance of coil whining. You still have great performance and overclocking no problem. (and yes ive most things from asus so little fanboy xDD )

Honestly don't know what he means by that..

..but if you plan on watercooling it there are other factors to consider as well..so its not a case of the build suffering..it's planning ahead. 

I would look around for the owners clubs 

http://www.overclock.net/t/1411500/official-evga-classified-k-ngp-n-owners-club

http://www.overclock.net/t/1558645/official-nvidia-gtx-980-ti-owners-club/3930

Might have to sift a bit in the second one to find strix reviews, but use the search function. 

Best way to do it buddy, see what others experiences are like. 

I will say one thing however, EVGA customer service completely destroys Asus's, might be a factor in your purchasing decision, might not. 

For me, it was..Like that feeling of security that the people that made the component have your back. 

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

There is a 70% that your card has coil whining. I dont like noise so i would go for the strix, but there is still a chance you have coil whining. 

G1 is cheaper due coil whining but great performance

Strix is more expensive also a great cooling solution but not to the same degree. 

Are you planning on water cooling your gpu ? Or not even thinking about it. (if you are you can go with the g1 :D)

Personally i would go for the strix, because of a lower chance of coil whining. You still have great performance and overclocking no problem. (and yes ive most things from asus so little fanboy xDD )

I could tell by your profile pic :P I wasn't planning on doing it initially but a low chance in the future since I have no experience. It stands between the evga classified and the strix.

Honestly don't know what he means by that..

..but if you plan on watercooling it there are other factors to consider as well..so its not a case of the build suffering..it's planning ahead. 

I would look around for the owners clubs 

http://www.overclock.net/t/1411500/official-evga-classified-k-ngp-n-owners-club

http://www.overclock.net/t/1558645/official-nvidia-gtx-980-ti-owners-club/3930

Might have to sift a bit in the second one to find strix reviews, but use the search function. 

Best way to do it buddy, see what others experiences are like. 

I will say one thing however, EVGA customer service completely destroys Asus's, might be a factor in your purchasing decision, might not. 

For me, it was..Like that feeling of security that the people that made the component have your back. 

Thanks man! I will check those links out immediately!

I could tell by your profile pic :P I wasn't planning on doing it initially but a low chance in the future since I have no experience. It stands between the evga classified and the strix.

Then what i would say is which one is cheaper. GL :D