Ad leds to my fans

MatthewLynch

Hi, the fans I have on my case have the holes drilled in them already for leds. But I don{t know anything about leds. So what leds should I buy, do they need a sertain voltage? and where do I connect them? or do I just connect them to the fan power suply?

Hi, the fans I have on my case have the holes drilled in them already for leds. But I don{t know anything about leds. So what leds should I buy, do they need a sertain voltage? and where do I connect them? or do I just connect them to the fan power suply?

Can you link to you exact model of fans? 

It's probably best to buy LED fans to be honest. If you were to buy LEDs, you'd want to buy 3v ones and connect them in series on the same fan and parallel with adjacent fans. You chould also put in a current limiter for safety.

Can you link to you exact model of fans? 

This is the fan.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/corsair-fan-af140l-1000-rpm-67-43-cfm-140mm-x-25mm-single

For the extra fans I am just going to buy some that come with leds. But as my case came with these I tough I might save some money by just adding in 4 leds to each instead of buy all new fans

This is the fan.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/corsair-fan-af140l-1000-rpm-67-43-cfm-140mm-x-25mm-single

For the extra fans I am just going to buy some that come with leds. But as my case came with these I tough I might save some money by just adding in 4 leds to each instead of buy all new fans

Adding LEDs will be harder, the best way to do it would get some molex LED strips and wrap them around the fan not touching the blade (make sure of clearance)