MehRepublic

System spec : 

I7 3770k

MSI Z77 mpower

8gb ram

R9 290 tri-x

Seasonic x-660

i been using the rig for almost 3 year 

2 month ago one of the electric pole near my housing area was on fire and created(?) power surge i believe and since then the electric supply on in the area are rather unstable (light,microwave,oven dimmed for a moment)

I notice if i turn on the oven,microwave,iron etc sometime my pc will shut down. From my reading, electric component wont be damage if the electric is insufficient.

Another problem is it turn off even without the situation i said before, be it either i just browsing the internet or doing heavy gaming.

After the electric pole on fire situation, i cant turn on my pc after i shut it down normally or the sudden shutdown above ^^. I have to wait around 2 hours or more then i can turn my pc back.

There still 2 year left on the warranty but i believe it wont cover for situation like this(fire)? So is this my psu problem on electric power in my hose area are way to "dirty"?

*for those who wandering when the pole was on fire someone immediately turn off the power on the whole area, my pc was on at that moment and i wasnt at home

Sounds more like you have unstable input power in your house (assume the power company has repaired the pole?) especially if it seems to happen when you turn on high wattage devices. Are you able to take your PC elsewhere and leave it booted for a set time to see if its environment instead of the rig?

CPU: Intel i7-4790K | GPU: Asus Strix 2080 Super OC | COOLER:Corsair H110i GT | MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Hero | RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133mhz PSU: Corsair RM 1000 | CASE: Corsair C70 | MOUSE: Corsair M95 KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 RGB SSD: Samsung 256GBx2 Raid0 | OS: Windows 10 | DISPLAY: Dell S3220dgf

yea its not the pc.. I would get an ups...to help it run better with more regulated wattage used by your psu.... 

Sounds more like you have unstable input power in your house (assume the power company has repaired the pole?) especially if it seems to happen when you turn on high wattage devices. Are you able to take your PC elsewhere and leave it booted for a set time to see if its environment instead of the rig?

they have repaired it few hour after it on fire

i planning to power my rig on my friend house

but i dont have  friend :P  :P

yea its not the pc.. I would get an ups...to help it run better with more regulated wattage used by your psu.... 

i saw people mention it for house with dirty power, but that thing is expensive i believe?

i can power the rig for around 3-4 turn on whole day without any of the issue

and sometime in "selected" day, the problem can happen all day

If you have another power supply try using it if not. Try and RMA it to Seasonic and just say what happened.

Steve

If you have another power supply try using it if not. Try and RMA it to Seasonic and just say what happened.

i dont sadly, im planning between new psu or ups

i saw people mention it for house with dirty power, but that thing is expensive i believe?

it depends on the size of the battery you get... the best one around would be $150 USD

It seems that the problem could be on your motherboard and not on the PSU, can you test another motherboard or PSU?

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.