Heat sync fell off

mXiyaan

Hello My name is Ziyan. I'm new here.

So when i received my Asus Z10PE-D16 WS one of the heat sync was fallen off

and i don't have the warranty, so can it be fixed with a glue? if so please suggest me a one.

sorry for the blurred images.

22211046932651504478.jpg

39398764613778027018.jpg

11185825176725205468.jpg

72641768765471936845.jpg

RIP.

I'd suggest contacting ASUS about it to see if they can do anything to help, if not, check amazon or ebay for a heatsink for it.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

You could buy some thermal adhesive tape.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I'd probably just try and buy a replacement second hand or through Asus support if they wanna help out. Not sure how well any adhesive or glue would work given the heat that thing will have to endure, but I could be wrong and glue or something might actually work.

I'd probably just try and buy a replacement second hand or through Asus support if they wanna help out. Not sure how well any adhesive or glue would work given the heat that thing will have to endure, but I could be wrong and glue or something might actually work.

that shit would melt if its not made for high temps 

DO NOT USE GLUE UNLESS YOU WANT A FIRE!!!!!

Troubleshooting a pc will make you believe in gremlins.

--Thread killer--

Hello My name is Ziyan. I'm new here.

So when i received my Asus Z10PE-D16 WS one of the heat sync was fallen off

and i don't have the warranty, so can it be fixed with a glue? if so please suggest me a one.

sorry for the blurred images.

$500 dual 2011-3 socket MOBO has malfunction before first use AND it's ASUS? Wow. RMA that thing. That's completely unlike ASUS. Maybe it's your postal peeps...

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

$500 dual 2011-3 socket MOBO has malfunction before first use AND it's ASUS? Wow. RMA that thing. That's completely unlike ASUS. Maybe it's your postal peeps...

Probably! I have contacted Asus guys. waiting for a reply.

I'd use the heat pads used for Vram chips.

Not a clue if it would work though as it could be too heavy.

It's not a race to the bottom.