Drivers Think I'm Using Windows Vista

Jeroen1322

Hi Guys! 

I recently bought a new MoBo and i wanted to install some of the new drivers today but when i downloaded them 2 said they didn't support Windows Vista and closed.

I'm using Windows 7 and my other drivers are for Windows 7 and they installed perfectly.

What could be the problem that they think i'm using Windows Vista? 

Btw i downloaded the latest drivers of my mobo factory's website.

Thanks! :) 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Ok, first of all, you replaced motherboard in your rig and didn't reinstalled Windows, is that correct?

The problem with drivers/programs thinking you're using Vista instead of 7, is that they could be older than Windows 7 itself.

Architecture of both systems is very similar. For example when I installed Crysis it reported my system as 64 bit Vista, while it was 64 bit Windows 7.

What mobo did you had and what do you have now?

"Never trust anyone and rely on your instincts" - If you know who said it, you're awesome

Ok, first of all, you replaced motherboard in your rig and didn't reinstalled Windows, is that correct?

The problem with drivers/programs thinking you're using Vista instead of 7, is that they could be older than Windows 7 itself.

Architecture of both systems is very similar. For example when I installed Crysis it reported my system as 64 bit Vista, while it was 64 bit Windows 7.

What mobo did you had and what do you have now?

I indeed didn't reinstall Windows and the mobo i had first was the MSI 760GM-P23 (FX) and the mobo i have now is the Asrock 970 Extreme 4.

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Ok, I would recommend reinstalling Windows, but this is basically killing and resurrecting PC , and I don't know if you're willing to do that.

The ASRock drivers page looks pretty fresh and not very ancient, so your problem might be burried deep. You're gonna have to go CSI on this one.

32 or 64 bit system? Also how long is it running since you oryginally installed windows?

I'm also assuming you uninstalled all drivers from your previous motherboard and then tried to install new ones?

"Never trust anyone and rely on your instincts" - If you know who said it, you're awesome

Ok, I would recommend reinstalling Windows, but this is basically killing and resurrecting PC , and I don't know if you're willing to do that.

The ASRock drivers page looks pretty fresh and not very ancient, so your problem might be burried deep. You're gonna have to go CSI on this one.

32 or 64 bit system? Also how long is it running since you oryginally installed windows?

I'm also assuming you uninstalled all drivers from your previous motherboard and then tried to install new ones?

I have 64 bit and windows is running less than a 1 year.

I'm leaving you with this: download, install and run CCleaner, Auslogics registry cleaner and then try again with those drivers.

You might delete and redownload the drivers for the sake of exorcism :D

If that won't help, seek help from someone more professional and expirienced than I am

Im sure reinstalling Windows will help, but it's up to you if you want to do it.

Good luck to you my friend

I'm leaving you with this: download, install and run CCleaner, Auslogics registry cleaner and then try again with those drivers.

You might delete and redownload the drivers for the sake of exorcism :D

If that won't help, seek help from someone more professional and expirienced than I am

Im sure reinstalling Windows will help, but it's up to you if you want to do it.

Good luck to you my friend

Thank you very much dude! :) I think i'm just going for the lazy way so i'm going to re install Windows