Recommend GPU for my Specs

Shine
Go to solution Solved by SwiftXShadow,

Ok thanks. For the motherboard thinking about the Asus z97 Maximus VII. Is that a wise choice?

I dunno much about MoBos but that card has 2 ram slots, so you would have to buy totally new ram 2x4GB.

But as i understand most Mobos are pretty much the same in quality

• Processor AMD FX™-4100 Quad-Core Processor

Manufacturer AMD Speed 3.6 GHz

Number of Cores 4 Video Card ATI Radeon HD 5400 Series

Manufacturer ATI Chipset ATI Radeon HD 5400 Series

Dedicated Memory 1010.8 MB

Total Memory 4.0 GB

Memory 8.2 GB of RAM

Power Supply Unit: 450Watts

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-M68MT-S2

So here are my specifications on my PC. I'm wanting to upgrade my current GPU to a bigger one, perhaps 3 or 4GB however i'm not sure with all the bottleneck video whether my specs stand up to the chance.

My budget on a graphics card is £200

With a bigger graphics card i know i'll end up putting in a bigger PSU so after i've got a few recommendations i'll switch to a modular bigger PSU.

Please leave a reply on your thoughts and recommendations. Regards, Shine.

750Ti

and 1150 board. Don't spend any more as there is not point upgrading such a dead end system!

I'd save up for an i5 4690K honestly.

Can i put this in my motherboard or is it not compatible. 

No you cant

Is there any other CPU i can choose from that will fit into my current socket ? 

Not any CPU you should go for.

Ok so basically you're saying i need a whole new PC  :lol:

Including: 

- Motherboard <-- Not sure which i should go for.

- CPU (has more cores etc..) 

- GPU <-- I want to be at least 3GBs

- Possibly more RAM <-- 16GBs

Why should i go for the i5 ? 

There are, but their crap and outdated, you should get a Mobo with LGA1150 socket or the newer  way more expensive LGA1151 socket.

The LGA1150 supports i5 4690k

Ok so basically you're saying i need a whole new PC  :lol:

Including: 

- Motherboard <-- Not sure which i should go for.

- CPU (has more cores etc..) 

- GPU <-- I want to be at least 3GBs

- Possibly more RAM <-- 16GBs

Why should i go for the i5 ? 

16GB ram isnt needed for gaming, unless ur doing heavier stuff like video editing. Your old ram goes into any 1150 MoBo

MoBo yes

CPU yes

Video Ram dosnt not equal the power of the video card. You need tons of Vram for things like using higher resolutions that are over 1080p or multi monitoring, which i doubt you use with your budget. 

750Ti is a good video card for your budget

I5 is simply ideal for gaming, I7 for heavyer stuff like video editing

If hes on such a limited budget you guys really shouldnt be pushing him to get one of the most expensive i5's. 16GB of memory is not needed. Also if you intend to upgrade your GPU id say somethig like a 750Ti.

16GB ram isnt needed for gaming, unless ur doing heavier stuff like video editing. Your old ram goes into any 1150 MoBo

MoBo yes

CPU yes

Video Ram dosnt not equal the power of the video card. You need tons of Vram for things like using higher resolutions that are over 1080p or multi monitoring, which i doubt you use with your budget. 

750Ti is a good video card for your budget

I5 is simply ideal for gaming, I7 for heavyer stuff like video editing

Ok lets say i threw the budget out the window. Could you perhaps price up a setup that is good enough to play the latest games out today. Thanks you again for the useful information.

Ok lets say i threw the budget out the window. Could you perhaps price up a setup that is good enough to play the latest games out today. Thanks you again for the useful information.

For a cpu i would use i5 4790k (really top grade gpu for gaming, expessaly if you want to play the top games)

Unless your into overclocking your CPU you could get the I5 4790 with out the k and save 10dollars or so.

GPU GTX750ti OR GTX950 (the second one is 10-30$ more expensive depending where your from but is far better)

MoBo i dont really know what to suggest, when i pick them i pick something that fits my theme and has the things i need on it. You just need a 1150 socket and best if it has z97 chipset.

Ram can be at 8GB, so i assume you have dual ram sticks for your mobo, if you got a new mobo that supported dual and had 4 sockets for it, then you could buy another 2x2GB and have 8GB total while using your old ram.

Also this upgrade may or may not end up needing a more powerfull PSU, prolly will.

So yea that is pretty much new computer, for only  PSU i would still suggest 750ti or 950.

Ok brilliant, i'll have to start pricing things up then.

If i could get a better GPU than the suggested 750Ti and 950. That would still work in my system which would you choose?

Ok brilliant, i'll have to start pricing things up then.

If i could get a better GPU than the suggested 750Ti and 950. That would still work in my system which would you choose?

950 if you have the extra 10-30 dollars, it is simply a better GPU

Bear in mind you wont be playing the highest end games on max settings with these GPUS, but they will be able to run any game out there.

Ok thanks. For the motherboard thinking about the Asus z97 Maximus VII. Is that a wise choice?

I dunno much about MoBos but that card has 2 ram slots, so you would have to buy totally new ram 2x4GB.

But as i understand most Mobos are pretty much the same in quality