Headphone Rattling

SmellyFiddle
Go to solution Solved by ShearMe,

If it came out of the box like that then it's obviously DOA. Sennheiser's warranty service is pretty good though. :)

Pardon me if there is already a topic about this. 

So there is a rattling in my right driver and I've taken apart my HD558's and blew out any thing that was in there. And still it continues and I do not know whether I should bring them in or I can fix it, it came out of the box with the rattling apparent. 

Maybe the jack is breaking, or perhaps the cable

Case: NZXT phantom CPU:I5-4460 GPU:MSI-GTX1070 Gaming X RAM:2x4Gb-DDR3-HyperX fury MOBO:Asus Z97-P HDD:Toshiba 1Tb 7200rpm PSU:Sentey650W

If it came out of the box like that then it's obviously DOA. Sennheiser's warranty service is pretty good though. :)

I've sent them in, turns out it was damaged during shipping to the store I got them, Having a new pair coming in. But Now I need to know what I need when it comes to and Amp and DAC

I've sent them in, turns out it was damaged during shipping to the store I got them, Having a new pair coming in. But Now I need to know what I need when it comes to and Amp and DAC

If it wasn't too quiet for you earlier, you don't need one. At all.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Shouldn't need either amp or DAC. If your inboard is legitimately bad, get something cheap like a Syba, SMSL or FiiO product.

Yea, this rig is a bit old so the sound isn't clean as I like it, The amp is for future cans. 

Yea, this rig is a bit old so the sound isn't clean as I like it, The amp is for future cans. 

I used a Syba DAC for the longest time and was happy with it. Just got the SMSL SD793-II today which has a LOT of gain for harder to drive headphones (probably shouldn't get it with easy to drive headphones). The FiiO E10K has a gain switch for more flexibility.

I used a Syba DAC for the longest time and was happy with it. Just got the SMSL SD793-II today which has a LOT of gain for harder to drive headphones (probably shouldn't get it with easy to drive headphones). The FiiO E10K has a gain switch for more flexibility.

I mean, I use it with my in ears...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

You might be crazy.

Maybe, or it could be that I'm the only one that ever touches the thing, and I keep it well below 9 o'clock [emoji14]

Hey! New SIgnature! 

Maybe, or it could be that I'm the only one that ever touches the thing, and I keep it well below 9 o'clock [emoji14]

With windows volume at 100% I'm keeping my K553 below 8 o'clock.  :rolleyes:

With windows volume at 100% I'm keeping my K553 below 8 o'clock. :rolleyes:

I did say well below [emoji14] (I only go up to 9 when I want to blast a quiet track...)

Hey! New SIgnature!