What R9 390

Jacke1012
Go to solution Solved by comicsansms,

Sapphire is the best.

Get the one that looks the best and is the cheapest 

I was think of what R9 390 should I get. I mean what company it should be in. eg. MSI, sapphire.

MSI twin frozr V

And sapphire tri x or nitro.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Sapphire is widely regarded as the best at making aftermarket AMD cards.

Also avoid Asus their AMD coolers heat up a lot.

Pascal laptops guide

Also avoid Asus their AMD coolers heat up a lot.

Mine works fine  :ph34r: still I'd get the sapphire one instead, when I got mine it was by far the cheapest

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Thanks for all your opinions I think I will go with Sapphire.

Thanks for all your opinions I think I will go with Sapphire.

HOLD UP before you click buy please read this thread http://www.overclock.net/t/1561704/official-amd-r9-390-390x-owners-club

Or atleast this bit:

XFX= Full cover waterblock available. Good clockers usually, and cooling is sufficient for core, but not stellar, and VRM's tend to get hot

Sapphire= No water block available, but has excellent air cooling. Require 8+8 pin connectors versus 8+6. Some would prefer that, in hopes of obtaining higher OC results, but unfortunately OC results so far on the Nitro and Tri-X are only mediocre-good

Gigabyte= No waterblocks. Well built card, decent cooling, but the voltage is hard locked, so expect clock ceiling to be very limited... most likely 1100 or less.

PowerColor= Offers full cover waterblocks, and also has excellent air cooling, but so far there have only been weak-mediocre-ish overclocking results. 1150 or less on the core seems to be the norm, with most landing between 1130-1140, even despite it's excellent cooling.

MSI= No full cover waterblocks available. Stock air cooling is good but not great with regards to the core temps, but seems to be very good for the VRM temps. So far, these seem to have the best overclocking results. Most poeople hitting 1160-1200

Asus= (DCU2) Full cover block available. Not much info on these, but theyappears to use the same cooler as the 290 series, which was a poor performing cooler. I have seen very few purchasing the Asus card. Overclock results seem to be average so far, but have very little data to make a general claim.

Asus= (Strix) Unsure on waterblocks with these... stock cooling is good. Very little OC information, but from what I have seen, they are average. Probably in line with Sapphire when it comes to binning.

ALSO sapphire is coming up with a 390 that has a backplate and not the hideous bare pcb, so you might want to wait for that.

11958045_10153697189769430_2169936919953

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Mine works fine  :ph34r: still I'd get the sapphire one instead, when I got mine it was by far the cheapest

I have seen reviewers like tech of tomorrow get ones that reach 86 degrees.

Pascal laptops guide

I have seen reviewers like tech of tomorrow get ones that reach 86 degrees.

That's because the stock fan profile is pretty conservative. It never goes over 45% - a waste of potential if you ask me. It only becomes truly audible over 60% and even then it's not that loud. Depending on how much you care about noise it may be just fine - I personally have pretty thick noise dampaning headphones so I don't particularly care. My card is also pretty good at undervolting, I have it happily at -31mv and it doesn't go over 73c with my custom profile in games.

-don't the new ones have 3 fans btw?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

That's because the stock fan profile is pretty conservative. It never goes over 45% - a waste of potential if you ask me. It only becomes truly audible over 60% and even then it's not that loud. Depending on how much you care about noise it may be just fine - I personally have pretty thick noise dampaning headphones so I don't particularly care. My card is also pretty good at undervolting, I have it happily at -31mv and it doesn't go over 73c with my custom profile in games.

-don't the new ones have 3 fans btw?

Yes 

Pascal laptops guide

HOLD UP before you click buy please read this thread http://www.overclock.net/t/1561704/official-amd-r9-390-390x-owners-club

Or atleast this bit:

ALSO sapphire is coming up with a 390 that has a backplate and not the hideous bare pcb, so you might want to wait for that.

11958045_10153697189769430_2169936919953

Just one question what is so special about the backplate?

Just one question what is so special about the backplate?

It's fook'in aesthetic. Might help in cooling of the components but I'm not sure if Sapphire will go that route.  

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case