Micro ATX Caselabs case, worth it?

notenoughtv

I want to build a watercooled Micro ATX system with my V Gene ans 3770k

I was looking into buying the Caselabs SM5 case

Are this caselabs cases worth the money?

Some of the features I really like about them are the full aluminium construction, the possibility of reversing the motherboard and the amount of customization posible.

I would like some feedback from owners. 

Should I invest in this case?

I want to build a watercooled Micro ATX system with my V Gene ans 3770k

I was looking into buying the Caselabs SM5 case

Are this caselabs cases worth the money?

Some of the features I really like about them are the full aluminium construction, the possibility of reversing the motherboard and the amount of customization posible.

I would like some feedback from owners. 

Should I invest in this case?

Personally, I'd never shell out the money on caselabs stuff. I just can't justify it. If there's a way of doing what you want with a cheaper case, do that. If the SM5 has unique features that you want, then the price is justified.

*edit* they are some of the most versatile cases I've ever seen and you can do some awesome things with them 

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

Caselabs cases are more water cooling and modding optimized cases. Plus they are very high quality. If you plan on doing those things to them or just really like the look then go for it.

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

I personally do not think so, I would put that towards a better gpu and cpu.

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

Personally, I'd never shell out the money on caselabs stuff. I just can't justify it. If there's a way of doing what you want with a cheaper case, do that. If the SM5 has unique features that you want, then the price is justified.

*edit* they are some of the most versatile cases I've ever seen and you can do some awesome things with them 

I can't really find another case that could fit 2 360 rads on a Micro ATX form factor

And I really like the idea of the reversed motherboard. Best way to show off GPU waterblocks

for you in Chile, prolly not, the shipping, tariffs and taxes would easily punch the price

point to "no-way" status. that was the complaint about another case.

there'd be a lot of 2x 240x 60 cases for you that'll do an awesome build.

airdeano

I can't really find another case that could fit 2 360 rads on a Micro ATX form factor

And I really like the idea of the reversed motherboard. Best way to show off GPU waterblocks

the reason why you don t see many matx case with this much watercooling support is that it makes the case too big to justify matx only support, that caselab is probably bigger than a air 540...

at that point i d just go with a atx case and install my matx mobo in...

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

Caselabs is making a horizontal MATX case, and it should be out some time this year.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1396556/announcing-the-caselabs-mercury-s5-matx-case

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

for you in Chile, prolly not, the shipping, tariffs and taxes would easily punch the price

point to "no-way" status. that was the complaint about another case.

there'd be a lot of 2x 240x 60 cases for you that'll do an awesome build.

airdeano

The shipping and taxes should be an issue. I have a friend living in Miami who is coming back here and bringing most of his stuff in a container so he would be bringing the case for me

Caselabs is making a horizontal MATX case, and it should be out some time this year.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1396556/announcing-the-caselabs-mercury-s5-matx-case

That's interesting, I'll check it out

I decided to sell my Gene board and get a Formula.

And I already ordered an Merlin SM8

Can't wait for it to get here