I need some info on laptop GPUs

ChaixD

Ok so i want to buy a laptop for serious gaming with like an i5 or i7 and i know that integrated GPUs are not as good as desktop and i wanna take my laptop to school or what not and like when i get home play but i wanted to know if it was possible to connect in some sort of way a gpu to the laptop and/or is it bad for the laptop? Thanks.

Just get a laptop with a GPU like a 970m. What's the budget also? Is this a school/gaming laptop? Do,you currently own a desktop?

Also,yes there are GPU docks for,laptops but I don't think they're worth it.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Just get a laptop with a GPU like a 970m. What's the budget also? Is this a school/gaming laptop? Do,you currently own a desktop?

Also,yes there are GPU docks for,laptops but I don't think they're worth it.

I dont own a desktop but like i wanted a laptop to be able to take it places and not just have a home desktop :)

it is possible with other external peripherals but would probably just be better off just putting more out for a laptop with a better gpu then to try and get a desktop gpu, the card and the power supply needed to run them

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.6 ghz  Motherboard: Asus z170-a  Cooling: Corsair h80i GT GPU: EVGA GTX 970  Ram: G.Skill 2x8 gb ddr4 2400  PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 550w  Case: Corsair 200r Storage: 250GB 850 EVO + 2x wd 1 tb drives

I dont own a desktop but like i wanted a laptop to be able to take it places and not just have a home desktop :)

What's the budget?

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

What's the budget?

I dont really have a budget but i wanted to know to start saving lol but i dont think im going over 700 bucks