Opinion on my build

Rafferz
Go to solution Solved by Rafferz,

I just put together a list with some revisions using the Skylake platform, if needed you could change the card back to what it was or a 380. And slightly cheaper, too.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£194.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£113.59 @ Ebuyer) 
Storage: Plextor M5S Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£57.74 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 390X 8GB SOC Video Card  (£323.99 @ Aria PC) 
Case: be quiet! Silent Base 800 ATX Mid Tower Case  (£83.92 @ Aria PC) 
Total: £939.63
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-14 21:03 BST+0100

Thank you so much! This community is so good and helpful.

Here is my pc build,

CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£151.21 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: MSI H97 GAMING 3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£87.26 @ CCL Computers)
Memory: Kingston Beast 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£36.59 @ Aria PC)
Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£62.95 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£39.99 @ Dabs)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 4GB Twin Frozr Video Card  (£406.99 @ Aria PC)
Case: be quiet! Silent Base 800 ATX Mid Tower Case  (£83.92 @ Aria PC)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£57.35 @ Aria PC)
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma Wired Optical Mouse  (£51.54 @ Aria PC)
Total: £977.80

Can I have your opinions on this build, I aim mainly going to be using it for gaming and some light editing, thx.

You could move to haswell skylake, otherwise looks fine to me.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Looks good. Don't like the mouse but that's just me being a hater :P

You could move to haswell skylake, otherwise looks fine to me.

Looks fine the GTX 980 isn't the best bang for your buck but if thats what you want go for it :D

Ok so for all of you guys what would you then recommend I am going for a red and black mouse preferably, what processor should I buy then? And what gpu is better bang for the buck?

Ok so for all of you guys what would you then recommend I am going for a red and black mouse preferably, what processor should I buy then? And what gpu is better bang for the buck?

yea 980 is kinda at a bad price point. I would just go 980ti will be a more pricey tho of course

yea 980 is kinda at a bad price point. I would just go 980ti will be a more pricey tho of course

I really can't afford that I'm pushing it as it is, but shall I just go with the 390x and use the money for better peripherals?

You can get the i5 6600k with a z170 if you want to overclock or a i5 6600 with a h170 if you don't want to. However, even if you don't plan on overclocking now try getting a k processor so in case you decide that you want to overclock in the future.

For the mouse the M45 is a solid recommendation.

Pascal laptops guide

I really can't afford that I'm pushing it as it is, but shall I just go with the 390x and use the money for better peripherals?

I'd would chose to stick to it, you don't need a pricer mouse.

Pascal laptops guide

yea go with the 390x 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

yea go with the 390x 

You can get the i5 6600k with a z170 if you want to overclock or a i5 6600 with a h170 if you don't want to. However, even if you don't plan on overclocking now try getting a k processor so in case you decide that you want to overclock in the future.

For the mouse the M45 is a solid recommendation.

Ok I am going to go for the best of both worlds, a 390x which will save me £40 and then get a 6600k, also what mb do you recommend.

Its really up to u. The gtx 980 isnt bad by any means just not at the greatest price point. If u feel u need that power then pick it up if not a 390x wouldnt be a bad choice either

Ok I am going to go for the best of both worlds, a 390x which will save me £40 and then get a 6600k, also what mb do you recommend.

Keep in mind ram will also need to be switched with 6th gen intel cpus

Before we go with the r9 390x at which resolution do you game on, if you still game at 1080 then sticking with your current set up might be better.

Pascal laptops guide

I just put together a list with some revisions using the Skylake platform, if needed you could change the card back to what it was or a 380. And slightly cheaper, too.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Thank you so much! This community is so good and helpful.

R9 390X if you are purely gaming - BUT if you do any content creation NVIDIA because CUDA.

Also do yourself a favor, get a Z97 + 4690K and overclock it (even if you only overclock in the future) you will get another few months out the system for minimal cost difference.

You can find Z97 and 4690K for not actually that much - That or a skylake 6600K is good. (Though skylake is only hugely beneficial for massive IO users).

But that build above is pretty nice.