Acer? Asus? BenQ?

Kevin_Walter

I bought an Acer monitor a few years ago. It was defective when I got it. Weird scanlines on the left half of the screen... really faint. Only really noticeable when displaying light solid colors (like on website backgrounds). I was going to send it back, but figured it was too much hassle and got used to it. Then I ended up swapping it with the Dell we had connected to our other desktop.

The problem is, neither my Dell or my old Acer have HDMI ports, and they're both only 1600x900. The Dell is a fantastic monitor otherwise, but I find myself in the market for a new monitor nonetheless.

So I only really have 3 requirements.

HDMI

1920x1080

Matte

Preferred but not strictly required:

VESA capability

No speakers

> 21"

All for under $200. Preferably around $150.

Tall order, I know.

My real question is coming down to which is the better brand? Asus seems nice, with the exception of customer service nightmares. BenQ... never used them. I feel like they're only popular because they've wedged themselves into the esports scene, which makes me assume they're overpriced. Acer... as I said, the only one I've used/purchased was defective, which leaves them kind of soiled with me. Maybe my opinion of them would have changed if I had sent my monitor back and received a replacement, idk.

Thoughts?

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

I think Displays on that low price level are more or less the same.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

jk, maybe try acer again?

I've been thinking about it. They seem to be slightly cheaper, but very few have vesa mounts, which is something I'd like for the future.

I've been looking at these two similar ones...

http://www.amazon.com/VS228H-P-1920x1080-DVI-D-Back-lit-Monitor/dp/B005BZNDOO/ref=zg_bs_1292115011_5

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008DWITHI/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

i7-4790k | Prolimatech Megahalems Red Series | VII Gene | 16GB Corsair Veangeance | MSI GTX 980ti Gaming 6G | 2x120GB Sandisk SSD | 1TB HDD | Seasonic G-Series 550W
Bitfenix Prodigy M red

I've been thinking about it. They seem to be slightly cheaper, but very few have vesa mounts, which is something I'd like for the future.

I've been looking at these two similar ones...

http://www.amazon.com/VS228H-P-1920x1080-DVI-D-Back-lit-Monitor/dp/B005BZNDOO/ref=zg_bs_1292115011_5

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008DWITHI/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

23 inch one b/c why the fuck not?

No HDMI.

23 inch one b/c why the fuck not?

Yeah, I've been leaning toward that if only because it's also IPS. Though the other also has a similarly priced 23" option.

No HDMI.

Whoops, my bad  :unsure: . Mixed it up with this Display aviable here in Germany.

i7-4790k | Prolimatech Megahalems Red Series | VII Gene | 16GB Corsair Veangeance | MSI GTX 980ti Gaming 6G | 2x120GB Sandisk SSD | 1TB HDD | Seasonic G-Series 550W
Bitfenix Prodigy M red

• 4 weeks later...

I don't really mean to necro this, but I ended up going with this one: http://www.amazon.com/VS228H-P-1920x1080-DVI-D-Back-lit-Monitor/dp/B005BZNDOO/ref=zg_bs_1292115011_5

Couldn't be happier with my purchase. The ONLY thing I dislike about this monitor is the stand is kinda cheap compared to my old Dell monitor which has a super thick and heavy stand. This means when I bump my desk, the Dell moves with the desk for a moment and stops when the desk does, but the Asus monitor keeps wobbling for a bit. Not a big deal at all. It's just a lot lighter than the Dell despite it being larger.

But as I said, I'm loving this monitor. Been using it since the 16th or 17th. Can't remember exactly which day it arrived, but I have absolutely no other complaints.