Headset Choices need help

Stoggy26
Go to solution Solved by Fluffinator,

audio technica ath-m50x

Gross.

I would say HD 598+mid mic.

Id like to keep it around $200 if you have some other ideas throw it out also comfort is a biggie as i got big ears and my turtle beach px22 hurt my ears after long gaming sessions

a good pair of headphones + modmic.

i am not an audiophile so you might need to ask for some recommendations

With those options the Cloud 2.

Regards Elias N Martinez. | Graphic and motion design are my jobs. 3D modeling is my hobby. I do what I enjoy.  Skype: eliasnmartinez1 (please state that you are coming from LTT)

M50x + zalman clip-on

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Skullcandy SLYR

or ATH M50 with Modmic.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Id like to keep it around $200 if you have some other ideas throw it out also comfort is a biggie as i got big ears and my turtle beach px22 hurt my ears after long gaming sessions

g633 ?

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

None of your choices are from an audio company like Audio-Technica or BeyerDynamic.

See here

audio technica ath-m50x

Gross.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

None of your choices are from an audio company like Audio-Technica or BeyerDynamic.

See here

You need to put units on the sensitivity column for it to be in any way useful, or better yet convert them all to dB/V. I know I've mentioned this before. You should probably remove the frequency response information while you're at it, since it is meaningless and therefore useless. And the column for driver size, which is also meaningless information.

Why does this matter? Because this kind of information is confusing and misleading to the majority of people, who do not have the knowledge to interpret it.

If you prefer not to make these fixes, kindly refrain from posting further links to this document.

audio technica ath-m50x

Skullcandy SLYR

or ATH M50 with Modmic.

M50x + zalman clip-on

The m50x is about the worst headphone you guys could suggest. It has no sound stage, at all; also, it is seriously uncomfortable for a lot of people. So why on earth would you recommend it for gaming, and recommend it to an OP that says comfort is a big issue?!? Why can't you people stop spamming this stupid, overpriced piece of garbage headphone?!

You need to put units on the sensitivity column for it to be in any way useful, or better yet convert them all to dB/V. I know I've mentioned this before. You should probably remove the frequency response information while you're at it, since it is meaningless and therefore useless. And the column for driver size, which is also meaningless information.

Why does this matter? Because this kind of information is confusing and misleading to the majority of people, who do not have the knowledge to interpret it.

If you prefer not to make these fixes, kindly refrain from posting further links to this document.

Thank you :)

I think that needed to be said.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

The m50x is about the worst headphone you guys could suggest. It has no sound stage, at all; also, it is seriously uncomfortable for a lot of people. So why on earth would you recommend it for gaming, and recommend it to an OP that says comfort is a big issue?!? Why can't you people stop spamming this stupid, overpriced piece of garbage headphone?!

Thank you :)

I think that needed to be said.

Because they sound amazing, and are very comfortable. Coming from someone that has used ATH M50RDs for over a year now. Maybe don't bash a product unless you own it yourself?

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Because they sound amazing, and are very comfortable. Coming from someone that has used ATH M50RDs for over a year now. Maybe don't bash a product unless you own it yourself?

I don't currently own it true, but I literally bought a pair for about a week (just so I could see what all of you guys like so much about them) and they were terrible. Maybe if you could get a pair for ~$70-$80 it would be a good value, but they are $150 dollar headphones! They don't sound good for the price - at all, and they are not comfortable in any way on comparison to the equivalently priced beyers, or any number of other headphones.

Maybe don't hype a product if you don't have experience with a wide variety of headphones in the same price class? How's that sound?

My current daily drivers are a pair of custom in ears. I have a pretty wide experience with a large variety of headphones. I bash the m50x because it isn't good.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

I don't currently own it true, but I literally bought a pair for about a week (just so I could see what all of you guys like so much about them) and they were terrible. Maybe if you could get a pair for ~$70-$80 it would be a good value, but they are $150 dollar headphones! They don't sound good for the price - at all, and they are not comfortable in any way on comparison to the equivalently priced beyers, or any number of other headphones.

Maybe don't hype a product if you don't have experience with a wide variety of headphones in the same price class? How's that sound?

My current daily drivers are a pair of custom in ears. I have a pretty wide experience with a large variety of headphones. I bash the m50x because it isn't good.

I have experience with many, many different types of headphones around that price. Perks of working in radio.

They sound phenomenal, especially for the price, if they are uncomfortable you can spend $10 on a new pair of softer ear pads. Audio is my job. I do know what I'm talking about. Else wise I wouldn't be working in the studio, running the board. Now would I?

I have experience with many, many different types of headphones around that price. Perks of working in radio.

They sound phenomenal, especially for the price, if they are uncomfortable you can spend $10 on a new pair of softer ear pads. Audio is my job. I do know what I'm talking about. Else wise I wouldn't be working in the studio, running the board. Now would I?

Then I suppose we will just have to agree to disagree. However, I stand by my claim of the m50x having no sound stage. That makes them bad for gaming, period.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

Then I suppose we will just have to agree to disagree. However, I stand by my claim of the m50x having no sound stage. That makes them bad for gaming, period.

Daily use mine for editing, content consumption and gaming. Beats out all other headphones I've used to date.

Agree to disagree I suppose

Daily use mine for editing, content consumption and gaming. Beats out all other headphones I've used to date.

Agree to disagree I suppose

Fair enough :)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

Gross.

this combo doesnt look to bad will the mod mic stick to them fine? also do i get omni or uni directional

M50x? Comfortable? Sounds fantastic for the price? LOL!

You want comfort? DT770. You want good price to performance? Sony MDR-CD900ST.

I dont care if you work in the audio industry for kanye west or donald trump, bad suggestion is a bad suggestion

Sennheiser. German Quality.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

this combo doesnt look to bad will the mod mic stick to them fine? also do i get omni or uni directional

Yes they will fit just look up pictures of said headphone with the mod mic to get a better look at how they would stick, also uni directional if your only going to use them for picking up one voice source.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Should I remove impedance as well?

Should I remove impedance as well?

No, because impedance can be helpful. Depending on the output impedance of your source, the impedance of the headphones can have a major (or minor) effect on the damping factor, and therefore the sound you'll get out of them.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

No, because impedance can be helpful. Depending on the output impedance of your source, the impedance of the headphones can have a major (or minor) effect on the damping factor, and therefore the sound you'll get out of them.

"this kind of information is confusing and misleading to the majority of people, who do not have the knowledge to interpret it."