EVGA 980 ti Classified, to RMA or not to RMA?

Greetings readers,

I am posting this thread because I am wondering what to do with this card.

First of all let me express how awesome the classified is and feels. 
It really feels like a piece of quality made awesomeness, and it should considering the price.

That brings me to my "problems" with it. Before buying the card i did some research on how the card would and should perform out of the box and was very pleased with what I saw.

Ill sum up what the general Performence was.

- Actual boost clock to 1400 Mhz or higher out of the box (140x) being the minimum i encountered.

- ASIC quality of 70% and higher (71 being the lowest I encountered).

- Very silent

My card:

- actual boost to 1376 Mhz

- ASIC of 69%

- would be silent if it weren't for the weird high pitched screeching noise the fans make. without fans the card is totally silent. this is not that big of a deal as i plan to water cool the card in the future.

I did thorough testing and that I am well aware of coil whine and what it is.

I put the card under load and tested the fans on and off to see the difference and of the high pitched sound was still there and it was not so coil whine is out of the question.

Let me say that my card is not bad at all as it is a classified and is a 980 ti but what I am wondering is if i couldn't get a better classified for the price.

If you compare my classified to a regular 980 ti via the passmark benchmark table the regular card gets 11k and mine gets 14k at stock speeds, at 1500 mhz it gets 14.7k.

Is it worth going through the hassle for the extra asic quality and the extra Mhz stock boost clock?

Advice would be fantastic.

Thank you for your help in advance :)

if you are not happy with it rma it, you'll regret it later

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

RMA, EVGA has great service so nothing to lose . expect about a week of downtime.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Ok RMA it is.

Any legit reason i can give for the rma? or is the reasons i posted here enough for the rma.

Do you even need a reason?

you'll regret it

the sharp high pitched noise is called coil whine and it comes with virtually every single card

GPU Boost varies with EVER CARD. 1400MHz is a guestimate. If the card has thermal room AND power room it will boost higher

It varies with every card

Dont RMA it, nothings wrong with the card, you'll regret it .-. 

Ok RMA it is.

Any legit reason i can give for the rma? or is the reasons i posted here enough for the rma.

Do you even need a reason?

say its a really loud screeching noise when the fans are on

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

say its a really loud screeching noise when the fans are on

Correlation does not equal causation. When the fans are on, that also probably means the GPU chip is under load. It's likely that the GPU only produces coil whine under load, and that's what you're hearing.

EDIT: Oops, totally didn't realize what you were replying to. Disregard :P

CPU i5 4690k 4.5GHz 

RAM 16GB 1866MHz 

GPU 980 Ti 1.2GHz 

Let me also say, and Ill edit this in my post, that the I did thorough testing and that I am well aware of coil whine and what it is.

I put the card under load and tested the fans on and off to see the difference and of the high pitched sound was still there and it was not so coil whine is out of the question.

There is only coil whine on the card at very high fps rates.

So the cooler of the card really is a problem and i guess it would be handy to have a decent silent stock cooler lying around even if i go with water cooling.

Got the new card, its worse than the previous one :(

you'll regret it

GPU Boost varies with EVER CARD. 1400MHz is a guestimate. If the card has thermal room AND power room it will boost higher

It varies with every card

Dont RMA it, nothings wrong with the card, you'll regret it .-. 

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." - Arthur Conan Doyle (Sherlock Holmes)

again, I did say not to RMA the card unless you where that bothered

and it only got worse .-.

every card coil whines 

They all told you, bro!