Video bitrate for recording.

Zvesda

I have a youtube channel with several thousand subscribers and i'm going to be playing some games that need more publicity, i have been recording bandicam with

1920x1080

60 FPS

Then i convert it to 2560x1440 in my video converter and up the quality and change the bitrate to 30k. 

Is the higher the bitrate better? people recommend me ShadowPlay that records at 1080p and at 50k bitrate which was way higher than what i was using.

What bitrate and codec are you using to record at the moment?

And why are you up-converting it to 2560x1440?  This does NOT increase the quality and because you are re-encoding it you in fact lose quality (generational quality loss)

I recommend recording only with lossless codecs such as lagarith and then compressing later which means you get greater flexibility with what you do: you won't have generational quality loss either.

Higher bitrate = better picture quality but also higher file size.  This can be a real problem when recording lossless at, say, 1440p/60 or higher because the massive bitrates means data can't be written to the drive fast enough.  But for 1080p/60 I can record lagarith @ YV12 just fine on a WD Blue drive (pretty average in terms of performance) without dropping frames.

What bitrate and codec are you using to record at the moment?

And why are you up-converting it to 2560x1440?  This does NOT increase the quality and because you are re-encoding it you in fact lose quality (generational quality loss)

I recommend recording only with lossless codecs such as lagarith and then compressing later which means you get greater flexibility with what you do: you won't have generational quality loss either.

Higher bitrate = better picture quality but also higher file size.  This can be a real problem when recording lossless at, say, 1440p/60 or higher because the massive bitrates means data can't be written to the drive fast enough.  But for 1080p/60 I can record lagarith @ YV12 just fine on a WD Blue drive (pretty average in terms of performance) without dropping frames.

I use Nvidia's H.264 

i have only ever used fraps but once rendering i use a bit rate of around 6k

I use Nvidia's H.264 

How are you specifying video quality to Bandicam?  Are you using Bandicam's "quality" setting?  And if so what is it set at?  I would recommend 90 or 100.

How are you specifying video quality to Bandicam?  Are you using Bandicam's "quality" setting?  And if so what is it set at?  I would recommend 90 or 100.

100, Its really hard to play due to CPU usage AND playing MWO which is CPU heavy. MWO and Bandicam take up 100% CPU on a quad core 4.8ghz water cooled some how

Bitrate with streams is bit problematic. Unless you are twitch partner, your viewers can't select quality for stream. This means that if you raise bitrate, demand on your viewers download speeds increase.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

100, Its really hard to play due to CPU usage AND playing MWO which is CPU heavy. MWO and Bandicam take up 100% CPU on a quad core 4.8ghz water cooled some how

Oops I took a while to reply ;)

Try with q90 MJPEG.

Very similar quality but much lower CPU/GPU usage and it's easier on the video editing program.  But somewhat of a larger file size.