Custom Switch Ideas.

As I am a sucker for aesthetics I decided it would be nice to have custom switches on one of my spare drive bay covers. With the spacing for the switches I can have up to about six which would look so much better than just the two on the sides for power and reset.

Only issue if I can't think of what else I could use them for. I was thinking using another pair to control my LED's, but this leaves me with two more unused. 

Would be very much appreciated to receive feedback on what else I could use these switches for as well as waiting for the rest of the parts to arrive as of only having the switch covers and cables.

post-221192-0-72332400-1442094359_thumb.

Are they just standard on/off switches? If so, you may need to modify them for the power and reset, as they should only be bridged for a second, rather than being left bridged.

you could have one on the front that turns the psu on and off but it would be a bigger mod to do that

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

you could have one on the front that turns the psu on and off but it would be a bigger mod to do that

Interesting idea, but I don't see the much use of it as of having both power and reset already in use.

i'd just use them for switching off some fans if it were me, just because.

Troubleshooting a pc will make you believe in gremlins.

--Thread killer--

i'd just use them for switching off some fans if it were me, just because.

Agreed, but past me thinks differently and bought a fan controller unfortunately. 

Actually, that could work, I planned on using a Molex cable which controls the voltage to turn the LED's on and off. Perhaps I could use this for my fan controller as it's powered through a Molex cable. 

Thanks, that might actually work.

Edited by Hayashi

:) Hope it works, let us see some pics when its finished 

Troubleshooting a pc will make you believe in gremlins.

--Thread killer--

Bad news. Two of the switches I ordered arrived but the connectors for the cable aren't big enough to attach to them, so I'll have to take them off and solder the cables to the switch connectors.

post-221192-0-53841300-1442587244_thumb.

• 1 month later...

Well after a lot of fiddling around it's fair to say this turned out very well, I wish they were a little more straight all together and may consider redoing it, but for now I would say it's a success.

post-221192-0-24740400-1445187337_thumb.

post-221192-0-38727300-1445187351_thumb.

That's cool, but please redo it and align them xD

Case: Define R4 (Black - Window) | PSU: EVGA Supernova 850w Gold | Motherboard: ASUS Z97 Deluxe | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO (250GB) | CPU: Intel i7 4790K (Devil's Canyon) Delidded with CLU  GPU: ASUS STRIX 980 TI | Cooler: Corsair H100i with CLU | Extra: NZXT Hue

That's cool, but please redo it and align them xD

Agreed, they don't look too bad from a distance so I think I'll leave it for now and maybe come back to it after my system is built.

post-221192-0-66609200-1445195868_thumb.