[Build Help]

I have almost finished my PC build and I've just realised that my h80i, when it has 2 fans attached, doesn't fit at the back.

Should I remove one of the fans on the h80i to make it fit, put it on its own at the front, remove one of the fans and put it at the top, or just sell it?

Help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Im no expert but I would go with remove a fan so it fits and mount the h80i where you want the air to go, so if you put it in the front of the case have it pulling air in.

B)

I have almost finished my PC build and I've just realised that my h80i, when it has 2 fans attached, doesn't fit at the back.

Should I remove one of the fans on the h80i to make it fit, put it on its own at the front, remove one of the fans and put it at the top, or just sell it?

Thanks.

Push pull doesn't make a huge difference in temps so having just a single push or pull works good still, if your really want both you coudl ways mount the fan so it's on the exterior of the back of the case, or somewhere at the front as intake or top.

Thanks.

Given you said it comes with two fans, I'm going to say you have the H80i GT. @W-L is right that the second fan isn't going to make a huge difference in terms of overall performance, but what that second fan would allow is to have both going much slower so your system can potentially run quieter. So while the second fan isn't necessary, noise could be the determining factor since those SP120s that come with that AIO are rated at 37.7db/A -- 20db/A is considered the threshold for "quiet".

If your case has 3x5 1/4" drive bays with a little clearance above or below them (4 drive bays would be better), an alternative is to buy a 120mm drive bay fan mount from Mountain Mods, preferably one of the aluminum options and not the acrylic, as it'll be easier to mod if you need to make it fit. Then see if you can fit that into your drive bays -- try a test fit before ordering. You'll be able to do push-pull that way, allowing you to run the fans at a lower speed, plus they'll have completely fresh air to pull in instead of going off the warmer air circulating in the case off the mainboard.

Wife's build: Amethyst - Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X570-P, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 12GB, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Corsair RM1000 (yellow label)

My build: Mira - Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB EVGA DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X470-PRO, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3, beQuiet Dark Base 900, EVGA 1000 G6

Given you said it comes with two fans, I'm going to say you have the H80i GT. @W-L is right that the second fan isn't going to make a huge difference in terms of overall performance, but what that second fan would allow is to have both going much slower so your system can potentially run quieter. So while the second fan isn't necessary, noise could be the determining factor since those SP120s that come with that AIO are rated at 37.7db/A -- 20db/A is considered the threshold for "quiet".

If your case has 3x5 1/4" drive bays with a little clearance above or below them (4 drive bays would be better), an alternative is to buy a 120mm drive bay fan mount from Mountain Mods, preferably one of the aluminum options and not the acrylic, as it'll be easier to mod if you need to make it fit. Then see if you can fit that into your drive bays -- try a test fit before ordering. You'll be able to do push-pull that way, allowing you to run the fans at a lower speed, plus they'll have completely fresh air to pull in instead of going off the warmer air circulating in the case off the mainboard.

I have the NZXT S340 so there are no drive bays.

WWLD (what would Linus do)

1. Use noctua fans

2. Use one less fan

3. Dremel tool

you could try just one fan and see how the temps are

good luck