WHAT DO I USE TO CLONE MY HDD TO SSD?

ed4546
Go to solution Solved by SkilledRebuilds,

I've used "Partition Wizard Free" (from Cnet originally) http://download.cnet.com/MiniTool-Partition-Wizard-Free-Edition/3000-2094_4-10962200.html

It works wonders, aligns SSD's correctly, copies the Bootloader and does a 1:1 copy.

Easy to use.

Install/Run

Select C:\

Hit the COPY button.

Select Target Drive

Re-set up the partitions or let the program do it for you...

It Reboots for the Copy Process before Windows will load........so it can copy the Windows files that are normally IN USE by having Windows loaded and running.

When done, tell bios to boot from device that was the Target Drive.

Boot into that new Windows, delete the old one ( D:\ format)

I recently purchased a HyperX Fury 120GB SSD and I would like to know what software I could use to clone my HDD to it. Please don't suggest Clonezilla as I cant get it to work and it looks pretty dodgy. Thanks in advance!

What i did- Get a USB stick then load windows on to it. Turn off the PC, Unplug the hard drive, Boot to the USB, Go to advance settings, And make sure your SSD is selected.

Then once that is in MAKE SURE you have ur pc to boot from the SSD and wipe the hard drive.

Back up ur stuff also. And you can have like pictures and all that be transferd over to the hard drive. Watch this tutorial. 

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

I've used "Partition Wizard Free" (from Cnet originally) http://download.cnet.com/MiniTool-Partition-Wizard-Free-Edition/3000-2094_4-10962200.html

It works wonders, aligns SSD's correctly, copies the Bootloader and does a 1:1 copy.

Easy to use.

Install/Run

Hit the COPY button.

Select Target Drive

It Reboots for the Copy Process before Windows will load........so it can copy the Windows files that are normally IN USE by having Windows loaded and running.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I use Acronis, and it works like a charm. Really simple. 

See this video for a walkthrough-

i5 4690K | Asus Ranger VII | 8GB HyperX Fury | Asus GTX 780 | NZXT H440 | Samsung 850 Evo | Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM 750W | Corsair H105 

E3-1246 v3 | Asus Gryphon Z97 | 8GB HyperX Fury | MSI GTX 970 | Enthoo Evolv mATX | Samsung 840 Evo | WD Red | EVGA SuperNova GS 650W | NZXT Kracken x41 

When you link videos because you're too lazy to type it yourself.

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

When you link videos because you're too lazy to type it yourself.

IKR

But it saves typing PAGES upon PAGES for the un-initiated.

Cos you can't be sure that keeping it simple gets through to everybody.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Easy to use.

Install/Run

Hit the COPY button.

Select Target Drive

When done, tell bios to boot from device that WAS the target.

Thank you so much, its working now! If you were here right now I would literally hug you xD. Seriously thanks so much :D

• 3 months later...

Easy to use.

Install/Run

Hit the COPY button.

Select Target Drive

You beast!! thanks for sharing this tool!

Some Randomer from the internet!