Xbox Live Family Packs converting into individual Gold accounts Aug. 27

ExDreamer

Xbox Live Family Pack subscribers will soon have their bundled Xbox Live Gold accounts dissolved into individual, unlinked accounts on Tuesday, August 27, Microsoft announced yesterday in an email to subscribers.

In addition to having multiple subscription fees to worry about, this also means that users will no longer be able to access Family Pack-exclusive features, such as activity monitoring reports or the ability to allocate MS Point allowances to linked accounts. Reports will be removed during the account conversion on August 27, whereas allowances will be removed whenever the currency exchange takes place.

Microsoft is adding an additional three months of time to every Xbox Live Gold account that spawns from the conversion, so considering how Xbox Live Gold feature sharing works on the Xbox One, this isn't the worst of all possible futures – that's the one where Microsoft converts all Xbox Live Family Pack subscribers into Fruit-of-the-Month-Calendars of the Month Club subscribers. Every month, a new calendar about a different Fruit of the Month club!

Source : http://www.joystiq.com/2013/08/10/xbox-live-family-packs-converting-into-individual-gold-accounts/#comments

My take on this : Why are Microsoft putting them into fruit of the month calendar of the month clubs? It has nothing to do with gaming at all.It sounds like pure money grabbing for me.

This is kinda stupid :/ they're pretty much appealing towards families by having the kinect bundle with the console and adding sports etc. but then they take away the family features?

Go home microsoft, you're drunk.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

This is kinda stupid :/ they're pretty much appealing towards families by having the kinect bundle with the console and adding sports etc. but then they take away the family features?

Go home microsoft, you're drunk.

Hit the nail on the head with that one.

GPU: Gigabyte HD7970 | Mobo: ASUS Z97i PLUS | CPU: 4790K

HDD: Samsung 1tb SSD | Disp: 3x Asus 23.6" 1080p

RAM: 16gb Kingston Hyper X | Case: None

Don't worry guy's it's part of their backwards PR. First they reduce and take away their feature sets which causes an uproar among the community. Then they re-enable them but with limitations to make it look like they listen to the community. At which point they put it in the win category for appeasing the masses.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.