How to move a steam game to a new installation directory?

Firearm2112

Hey guys,

My 1TB hard drive comes today. For about a week, ive had GTA V on my SSD, but I would like to move it to the 1TB. How would I go about doing this without having to re-download the entire game?

Thanks

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

the easiest way is to move the folder, and then create a junction in the original location.

http://www.traynier.com/software/steammover works like a god damn charm

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129

The following instructions are a simple way to move your Steam installation along with your games:

1. Exit the Steam client application.
  2. Browse to the Steam installation folder for the Steam installation you would like to move (C:\Program Files\Steam by default).
  3. Delete all of the files and folders except the SteamApps folder and Steam.exe
  4. Cut and paste the whole Steam folder to the new location, for example: D:\Games\Steam\
  5. Launch Steam and log into your account.

Steam will briefly update and then you will be logged into your account. For installed games, verify your game cache files and you will be ready to play. All future game content will be downloaded to the new folder (D:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\ in this example)

Bruh, thanks for making this topic :D.

My hard disc enclosure would be coming by this weekend and I have a 1TB HDD in which all my games are installed :D

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON