Beta Bios or Old Bios ?

Go to solution Solved by LapX,

New Bios worked ! If anyone has the same problem, use @BIOS to flash it to the F14 one and you're good.

Hey guys !

I ran into a problem recently, a weird issue occurs with my 660Ti PE (1st gen it overclocks like a beast) and my X79-UD3 Motherboard. The system will post, nothing will respond then after a minute or two, the screen goes black with a white bar that goes on and off like if I had to enter a command (nothing responds). The system is actually working with a 7790 but I'd like to use my 660Ti to game and it pretty unbalanced with my 3960X. 

I talked to Slick and created a post about this problem before, memory is fine, I reseted the cmos. The problem is my graphic card. I'd prefer not send it to MSI to get a replacement since mine is a beast of an overclocker.

1 thing that I didn't try, flashing the Bios, Slick said to me that he wouldn't recommend a Beta bios but I would like to know what am I risking (My mobo has a double bios but no hardware switch). Otherwise I'll try an older Bios to see if it fixes the problem.

If you got any other idea of what the problem is or if you need more information please tell me. I am running windows 8 Pro 64 bit on a Samsung 830 SSD.

Thank you for your time.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

A beta bios is usually not a catastrophe. Try it out. It probably won't solve your problem but yolo 10% is better than 0%

Error: 410

just to clarify, you have a video feed? 

second, everything is fine and dandy with AMD but when the 660ti is in youre system wont boot into your OS? 

which OS do you have?

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

If you are flashing a bios, I would recommend googling the bios version to find user reviews about the version to see if it is good. If you were to flash the bios, I would do it via a DOS environment or via the bios to be safe.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

First of all, I don,t know if it's only me but I received no notification about people responding to my topic is there something I have to activate ?

just to clarify, you have a video feed? 

second, everything is fine and dandy with AMD but when the 660ti is in youre system wont boot into your OS? 

which OS do you have?

The board posts but I can't get into anything. Yes, in fact I am using this system with the 7790 to play wow currently and everything is fine. Like I said, I am using Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

If you are flashing a bios, I would recommend googling the bios version to find user reviews about the version to see if it is good. If you were to flash the bios, I would do it via a DOS environment or via the bios to be safe.

Thank you, I haven't thought of that.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

First of all, I don,t know if it's only me but I received no notification about people responding to my topic is there something I have to activate ?

The board posts but I can't get into anything. Yes, in fact I am using this system with the 7790 to play wow currently and everything is fine. Like I said, I am using Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

Thank you, I haven't thought of that.

Go into "My Settings" by clicking your username and My Settings and on the left hand side click on the "Notification Options" and make sure you follow that topic by either clicking "Follow this topic" in the top right corner in this thread or check the "Auto follow topics I reply to" in the "Notification Options". Then check the Notification List/Email box in the "Notification method to use for replies to followed topics".

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Go into "My Settings" by clicking your username and My Settings and on the left hand side click on the "Notification Options" and make sure you follow that topic by either clicking "Follow this topic" in the top right corner in this thread or check the "Auto follow topics I reply to" in the "Notification Options". Then check the Notification List/Email box in the "Notification method to use for replies to followed topics".

Thanks, I wonder why it no longer does it automatically.

http://www.gigabyte.fr/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4050#bios

Turns out the F14 BIOS is no longer in Beta ! I'll try this and come back with the results.

New Bios worked ! If anyone has the same problem, use @BIOS to flash it to the F14 one and you're good.