OnePlus Two

FunkyFeatures

With some rumors from the Tech News and Reviews section saying the OnePlus Two will not need an invite for a single hour at some point within the next month, the phone has caught my attention. I have tried out my friends OnePlus One for a short while, and I quite liked it. I do however have some concerns about the OnePlus Two

- Battery life

- Overheating

- Camera quality

- Overall build quality

I find multiple answers to these points in videos such as "the 810 doesn't overheat", "yes it does", same goes for camera quality, battery life and build quality. Is there a chance of them launching a OnePlus 3 within the next 1½ year, with a lower powered CPU (or at least better than the 810?)

I have found my LG Optimus G lacking in terms of overheating, performance overall, build quality, battery life and camera - I would like to avoid doing the same mistake.

So

TL:DR - read the "-" marked points, does it really have those issues or is it all false?

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

810 = House fire

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -

It does overheat, but not to the same extend to other device : it will be okay (about 45°C at max after few minutes of 4k video for ex - compare it to the 55°C on another device), but you have to know that they under clocked the cpu to do that ! So it's should be fine

Build quality is definitely good for the price of this product :)

Not sure about battery life and camera quality !

Instead of merely speculating about the issues you described above, I will list my reasons for not buying the OP2. Hopefully, you will find it useful.

I had an invite to buy the OnePlus Two (currently using the OPO), I was very tempted to 'upgrade' until I listed down what the price of 425 euros (shipping incl.) would get me. It wasn't really worth it and barely an upgrade.

I lost:

- My slick bamboo cover

- NFC chip

- Battery life?

- Thermal performance?

- A working home button

- Micro USB

- A crappy processor that has caused many problems in other devices, which was probably their most cheapest choice as I can't imagine other companies jumping to buy it from the manufacturer.

for:

+ Fingerprint reader that barely works, and isn't a real button.

+ Somewhat cooler design.

Then I compared it to what other devices I could get for that money. A Samsung Galaxy S6 goes for about 490 euros, which has AMOLED display (nice because I like making my screen dark, this would save battery life), better camera, better processor, fitness stuff (heartbeat monitor etc), better battery life, NFC, option for Wireless charging, no messing around with USB-C.

To conclude, I don't think the OP2 is a "flagship" killer as it claims. The competition is fierce, and the things OnePlus had to do to cut the price down marginally isn't worth the few bucks. They are currently rushing the invites because they can't keep their promises of being able to deliver the OP2 to as many people as they had planned. With more devices coming up soon such as the rumored Nexus X5 by the end of this month, OnePlus is in a tough spot.

i5 3570K @ 4.3Ghz Turbo (OC) | GIGABYTE G1 GTX 980 Ti | G.Skill 8GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 2TB

-snip-

- Battery life

- Overheating

- Camera quality

- Overall build quality

-snip-

Battery life is worse than the 1+1. Should be noted, that it still has an above average battery life.

810 does have heat problems, deal with it.

The camera won a blind test. http://www.slashgear.com/oneplus-2-wins-blind-camera-test-vs-iphone-6-galaxy-s6-lg-g4-25399250/

It is built very well, better than the s6.

810 = House fire

I heard they paid special attention to this, so from factory it shouldn't be a problem, and reviewers seem to be just assuming things - no real proof as of yet that I have found, but yea that is the rumor.

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

I heard they paid special attention to this, so from factory it shouldn't be a problem, and reviewers seem to be just assuming things - no real proof as of yet that I have found, but yea that is the rumor.

Honestly the 810 isn't worth it, the Z3 using the 801 beats a Z3+/Z4 with a 810.

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -

I lost:

- My slick bamboo cover

- NFC chip

- Battery life?

- Thermal performance?

- A working home button

- Micro USB

- A crappy processor that has caused many problems in other devices, which was probably their most cheapest choice as I can't imagine other companies jumping to buy it from the manufacturer.

I love the sandstone cover, not an issue for me

Does anyone even use NFC?

Yea, battery life is a bummer - I need it to run medium usage for a 16 hour day, occasional youtube watching and playing games.

A rumor that I cannot seem to find true or false - some say it will be there despite their efforts to cool it down, others say it won't be a problem. My current LG Optimus G overheats :S

I heard it is supposed to be somewhat of a software issue, I find it a big issue if it can't be fixed

I like USB Type C, but I hope it can be plugged into a power bank - otherwise another bummer

Yup, the processor seems to be the main issue, I wish they went with a semi lowpower CPU (4 cores instead of 8)

Honestly the 810 isn't worth it, the Z3 using the 801 beats a Z3+/Z4 with a 810.

See my post right after yours :P

I am guessing the 801 is a quad core?

8 cores for a phone is way too much, would rather have the two apple cores and then have awesome battery life - who even needs 8 cores?

I wish project Ara was a thing inside the OnePlus phone body :/

See my post right after yours :P

I am guessing the 801 is a quad core?

8 cores for a phone is way too much, would rather have the two apple cores and then have awesome battery life - who even needs 8 cores?

Well, I currently have a Z3 and it's never overheated on me atleast...

I was epically disappointed all round with the oneplus 2. I've had my oneplus one since may last year and love it, but the 2 does nothing for me.

so much so I just bought a note 5! it was only £200 more than a oneplus 2 but at least it's a flagship

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb