A Question About Fans

Demonhax

Hello.

I have the Cm Storm Sniper and there is 3fans that came toghether With the case.

Its  Top: 200mm fan  Front: 200mm fan  Side: 200mm fan

I manage to break the blu lights in those fans. So i was wondering if i should replace them With this:
Top: 2x 120mm Corsair AF120 High Pre

Side: 2x 120mm Corsair AF120 High Pre

Front: 2x Corsair AF120 High Pre

And since its 2fans running in 1650 rpm instead of 1big fan running in 500 - 1000rpm. It would be more air flow?
I dont really know right now, all i know is that i want to replace the 200mm fans that i got now, dont like them that much and they are not good looking :P
Thanks for helping :)

I personally like Silverstone's AP122 better than Corsair's AF120 ( I do have both). The performance series are quite loud, if you want a quiet build then there are other fans you can get but if you don't care than that's good.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Get SP120's quiet edition.

My Gaming Rig;  Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VI Hero | CPU - Intel i5 4670k @4.5Ghz 1.25v | GPU - GIGABYTE GTX 980 @Stock | RAM -  16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866Mhz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i | Storage #1 - Samsung 840 Basic 250GB SSD | Storage #2 - Sandisk II 480GB SSD | Storage #3 - 2TB 7200rpm 64mb HDDPSU - Corsair HX750 | Case - Fractal Design R4 |

I personally like Silverstone's AP122 better than Corsair's AF120 ( I do have both). The performance series are quite loud, if you want a quiet build then there are other fans you can get but if you don't care than that's good.

I dont care for quiet, my gpu fans are do loud cause i have to have them om 100% speed :p

so what i get from this is that silverstone AP122/AP123 will do better than the Corsair fans?
But what is the different of the AP122 and the AP123?

2x120mm's at higher RPM's will give more airflow, but a ton more noise as well. I have 2 Corsair SP120 PE's in my system and they're too loud for me. Go with whatever (multiple) people suggest here, I don't have a lot of experience with fans, but I think I'm slowly going to switch to Noctua NF-F12's. Pick a few fans out and check their specs, they'll have the airflow listed in cfm and the noise in dB.

CPU: i5 4670K w/ NH-D15 - RAM: 4x4GB 1866Mhz Crucial Ballistix Tactical DDR3 - GPU: MSI GTX 970 100ME - SSD: 250GB 850 EVO - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (games) & 2TB (storage) - MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 GAMING - Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Window - Fans:  A lot of Noctua NF-F12 (intake, exhaust) & 1x140mm Fractal Design included case fan - Monitor: DELL U2515H - Keyboard: Custom Logitech G105 - Mouse: Roccat Kova+ - Extra: LG Optical Drive, a lot of dust

so what i get from this is that silverstone AP122/AP123 will do better than the Corsair fans?

But what is the different of the AP122 and the AP123?

The difference between AP122 and 123 is the 122 is for air flow and the 123 is for static pressure. The 122 has higher CFM for air flow but lower static pressure for things like a radiator and the 123 is the opposite with slightly lower CFM with higher static pressure. I would use static pressure fans for intakes that have restrictive intakes like an air filter and use a air flow fan as an exhaust or areas where there are not a lot of obstruction.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

But yet another problem is that I've checked all the stores on the net in my country, and noone had it on stock.

You would have to look at the CFM of each fan to see if it pushes more air. RPM usually doesn't really accurate imo in saying the airflow. If you have air filters in your fan slots, I would get the SP120 fans in order to get the air through the filter.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer