MGSV FOB Guide

SImoHayha

Welcome my fellow Diamond Dog Soldiers! I have decided to take some time in order to help every fellow DD soldier become better at attacking and defending FOB ( Forward-Operating-Base)

= Sneaking Tactics=

First things first am going to talk about attacking other enemy/random bases.  When trying to attack people's bases make sure to take in the detail and security level and amount of people. For example player soldiers will usually have helmets which prevent headshots and can alert the entire base on your ass roughly around the security level of 25-30. Also have at least one lethal weapon doesn't matter what it is, suppressed sniper, pistol, shotgun etc.

You will want one due to the fact once shit hits the fan on accident or when a player comes and defends his base, you will be attacked in numbers and depending on if the enemy is using lethal or non-lethal weapons the fact is, that you want to quickly eliminate anyone you see in sight. A Shotgun lethal or non-lethal is preferable  due to the shotguns being quite dangerous up close with or without battle armor, three or two shots with a shotty and you will just die no matter what.

When invading you want to pay special attention during the period you're on the helicopter, during this period you should take out your binoculars and quickly try to scout the area beforehand, before you're kicked off and teleported to the base. This has helped significantly during times. When invading on the ground floor  just lay down and go prone no matter what, most enemies unless in your face won't see you and give the white awareness bar. Remember these guys no matter what rank they are, are still pretty stupid A.I also when you do waddle around while an enemy is staring at you and you decide to prone crawl they will investigate which can actually help you take down enemies without risking of being caught on the upper levels of the base.

Meaning that most tactics you use in the game to draw away enemies will work here. As a matter of fact you can quite literally crawl right near a soldier and he will not notice you unless you bump into him or see you until you get into his 180 cone vision. A thing you can do if you are trying to get unnoticed while an enemy is looking at you, is shoot a traq dart or a stun bullet to a nearby piece of metal or the wall behind him which will momentarily switch his attention to said object or wall which will allow you to escape his sight and scaddle.  If you are playing as snake which I recommend at all times, is use the sonar arm which helps spot out any hidden enemies in the vicinity.

Make sure when you are close to an player soldier to interrogate them, this can help you spot enemies or hidden traps afterward, either A kill them or B Fulton them or C toss them overboard as sometimes they'll wake up and radio for help or cause the place to be in alert mode.

Now this is the end of sneaking tactics now i'll speak about when in alert mode or search and kill mode and when a player defends the FOB.

=D.H.D ( Defense,Hiding,Diversion)=

=Diversion

This section is for complete defensive tactics when you get caught by the enemy or when a player invades.

When a player invades the FOB to defend. You best to watch out now your going to get a match now. The thing to remember most importantly when a defender comes to defend, is that they have a immediately the location of all fellow soldiers and their status ( Sleep, Stun not sure about killed) So this is when Diversion comes into play.

You see when people attack my friend's base they don't know this simple fact and I can usually pinpoint their position within a matter of seconds, when you are attacking,stunning,putting to sleep. Make sure you are NOT! near the ally or try and Fulton them, this will give away you position and you will be killed, you can create fake player zones ( Zones where the defender will think you are at and you're not there)

This will confuse the defender and he will attempt to rush or even look around the area's or allies knocked out. Leaving the FOB entrance open to which can make a victory for you.

=Hiding

During the alert period you can hide, however it takes significantly longer roughly a good two or three minutes and that's not being spotted or being shot at. After that they will commence a search, and you will regain reflex mode and can safely take down enemies without anyone calling reinforcements. I recommend to not hide somewhere long or hide near enemies, I personally hide on the very lower floors where the sea is, as many players and enemies don't find you that way.

Also another interesting tactic I use, is to run on the lower levels, until you hit the very edge of the mission area which you can't go and Idroid will nag at you saying your approaching the mission edge, this might be annoying but no one will practically even think about looking there.

= Defense

If you tried the above options and failed. Then get ready for a massive fight my fellow soldier, remember what I said about having a lethal weapon ? Well here it comes in handy, this will both kill or injure player soldiers which will put them out of the fight either way. While on the defensive, run from cover to cover and constantly run around the area so that way enemies and players can't, pinpoint you.

Trust me on this, I took down forty enemies at the very least from a last failed FOB invade. If you can also last until the wormhole portal is open again do so, when you also kill enemies and escape through the worm hole you will be paid ransom money which can help refund some of the money you wasted.

Once you manage to kill everyone, the base will be cancelled from alert mode to normal mode and you can go and invade the base and get some soldiers. :P

=Base Defender=

Sometimes when you're allies with people or when your own base is invade you will get a alert and you can decide to do them or not currently. However I recommend doing them as you get resources and money. And don't worry there is a time period when your base is barricaded and can't be invaded constantly. 

Being  base defender the first thing you want is lethal weapons. Shotguns are the best, as they knock back a enemy so you can get more shots on them quickly. Remember when you're a defender you have the status and locations of all your friendly allies. First things first wake up anyone that is knocked out, this will help spread a bigger search zone and not to mention finding and locating the invading player when a ally is knocked out or killed.

When you spawn at first you will always be placed in front of the base's infiltration door. This is very effective, and is usually somewhere high so you can spot the enemy using the camera without yourself being exposed.

other then that nothing really but finding and killing the opposing player is pretty much what a base defender does. Also when you do die, you can spawn again unlike the other player.

Thanks for reading. Hope this helps you out fellow Diamond Dogs!

dkNqS8E.png

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

*raises hand*

Do you need to unlock the ability to make FOBs? Cause I still can't do em :-(

(I didn't read the guide cause I wanna figure stuff out on my own)

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

*raises hand*

Do you need to unlock the ability to make FOBs? Cause I still can't do em :-(

(I didn't read the guide cause I wanna figure stuff out on my own)

yesh. You need to beat mission 22 you'll get it.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

yesh. You need to beat mission 22 you'll get it.

understood...I wonder what im at I gotta be close...

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

understood...I wonder what im at I gotta be close...

Lol you can check you know. Just go to the mission list lel. Also add me on steam once you get a base. I'll protect ya from all the invaders.

Lol you can check you know. Just go to the mission list lel. Also add me on steam once you get a base. I'll protect ya from all the invaders.

I know I just never recalled I just looked was like 17 I think..its bloody nuts how much there is to do I have 50 hours in it

System Specs

can i add you in steam?, fellow partner

PC Specs: Case Corsair Vengeance C70 - CPU i7-4770K @3.5Ghz - MOBO Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H - RAM HyperX Fury 2x8GB @1600Mhz - GPU MSI VENTUS RTX 2080 SUPER - HDD Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB, Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB, WD Black 4TB - PSU EVGA 750 G2 - Display Samsung S22C150 - CPU Cooler CM 212 Hyper EVO - Mouse Steelseries Sensei 310 - Current Wattage by pcpartpicker: 387W.

can i add you in steam?, fellow partner

sure its m name sam avatar

I'm absolutely loving this game btw. I'm only on like mission 6 but all the side ops are done that I have and I love just going around exploring and capturing people. I hate the mother base management thing, it just seems like filler and a time waster. Let someone else manage the base and I'll kill stuff okay?

sure its m name sam avatar

my nickname is nep-nep, with a mugi profile picture

PC Specs: Case Corsair Vengeance C70 - CPU i7-4770K @3.5Ghz - MOBO Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H - RAM HyperX Fury 2x8GB @1600Mhz - GPU MSI VENTUS RTX 2080 SUPER - HDD Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB, Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB, WD Black 4TB - PSU EVGA 750 G2 - Display Samsung S22C150 - CPU Cooler CM 212 Hyper EVO - Mouse Steelseries Sensei 310 - Current Wattage by pcpartpicker: 387W.

I like the SP but i ignore the MP. Paywall and Cheaters, no thx. But thank you for the Guide anyway.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I'm absolutely loving this game btw. I'm only on like mission 6 but all the side ops are done that I have and I love just going around exploring and capturing people. I hate the mother base management thing, it just seems like filler and a time waster. Let someone else manage the base and I'll kill stuff okay?

I like it too. I just manage the MB with auto sort ect. Works good for SP. Only thing i dont like is that you have to do missions several times if you want do all secondary objectives. Thats a cheap tactic to length the playtime from Konami. If all the secondary would be clear when you start the mission the first time, i could do them right away. But no, all i see are ???? until i finished the mission the first time...

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Another Question:

The Mortar and Maschinguns or AA Weapons i can bring in. Do they have any meaning for the Singleplayer or is it just a waste of Money?

Another Question:

The Mortar and Maschinguns or AA Weapons i can bring in. Do they have any meaning for the Singleplayer or is it just a waste of Money?

You can nab them and use them in multiplayer however you can sell them as well, for extra GMP.

Also there isn't anything wrong with FOB lol. There isn't a paywall you get the first one free, no cheaters from what I seen.

Having one FOB is actually better because while you won't be able to have a lot of people. You don't have to spend necessary resources to defending or getting all of your goodies jacked at once.

Just unlocked adding you hope things are not to cheaty

System Specs