What are the chances I can put Windows 7 on these laptops?

Alright so I have two laptops both running windows XP. One is a Dell Latitude D820 running on 8GB of ram, a 320GB HDD, and a Core 2 Duo at 1.60Ghz. The other is an Acer Aspire 5672WLMi that is "Designed for Windows XP, Windows Vista capable" It's running a Core 2 Duo at 1.66Ghz, 4GB of ram and a 120GB HDD. Could I put Windows 7 on them and have it not run worse than XP?

Alright so I have two laptops both running windows XP. One is a Dell Latitude D820 running on 8GB of ram, a 320GB HDD, and a Core 2 Duo at 1.60Ghz. The other is an Acer Aspire 5672WLMi that is "Designed for Windows XP, Windows Vista capable" It's running a Core 2 Duo at 1.66Ghz, 4GB of ram and a 120GB HDD. Could I put Windows 7 on them and have it not run worse than XP?

You can run Windows 7 on them, however XP is better for older machines IMO(uses less resources like RAM and CPU, storage isn't an issue in your case). A clean XP installation should fix them right up(maybe an SSD too if possible).

They will run fine, but don't expect to run Aero amazingly

You are on a need to know basis, and you don't need to know.

They'll run it, just don't expect your eyes to pop out of their sockets.

You can run Windows 7 on them, however XP is better for older machines IMO(uses less resources like RAM and CPU, storage isn't an issue in your case). A clean XP installation should fix them right up(maybe an SSD too if possible).

Well the buyer of them overpayed by a lot so I feel obligated to upgrade them to a newer OS.

It seems they would run fine, sure, it wouldnt be as fast as a newer PC, but it should run just fine.

It seems they would run fine, sure, it wouldnt be as fast as a newer PC, but it should run just fine.

I managed to get them on. I think I'm upgrade them to 10.