Is lastpass any good?

Air tree

Well i need some kind of software to remember my passwords and i was looking at "lastpass" and i was wondering if it's any good or there is any better software out there for this kind of thing.

I have been using Lastpass for a year or two and I like it. It stores all your passwords securely and it generates passwords automatically for you, when you sign up to a site/change your password.

I would make sure the passwords are at least 12 characters long when you generate them (this can be changed when the generation dialogue box comes up - this will then be remembered.) Then, it is almost impossible for them to be hacked. Choose a secure password for the 'Vault' (where your passwords are stored) and don't use it for any of the sites in the vault!

There are mobile apps too (iOS, Android, etc.) if you subscribe to the premium service (I do - it's not very much at all).

Build your own.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

I have not used Lastpass but Keepass is the same thing based on how AlecR describes it. And Keepass was pretty awesome imo.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I've been using LastPass few years now. UI is bit full of everything but it does what is designed for. I used to use Xmarks for pw saving before LaspPass bought it. Those two are pretty nice combo if you have several computers or portable installations. Both have mobile version also, but price is bit too much for me.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Never used Lasspass and have never heard anything bad about it, but I use Keepass, when I was looking for a password manager one with 100% offline storage of the database was a very important feature (I'm not ready to trust the cloud with my passwords yet (even if they are only ever stored in encrypted form)), Keepass is also open source and even though I have no intention of looking into the source, for something as important as a password manager I like the transparency that open source brings.