Razer kraken

remy111

Hey, are the razer kraken headphones worth their money? I need some headphones for casual use, music listening , skype meetings and gaming. I know alot of people who recommend sennheisers or denons everyday against "gaming" headsets. How does the kraken perform in comparison with similar priced sennheisers/other pro gear?

P.S. i care alot about the looks&color scheme of the headphones, thats why im currently deciding between kraken white and siberia

Hey, are the razer kraken headphones worth their money? I need some headphones for casual use, music listening , skype meetings and gaming. I know alot of people who recommend sennheisers or denons everyday against "gaming" headsets. How does the kraken perform in comparison with similar priced sennheisers/other pro gear?

P.S. i care alot about the looks&color scheme of the headphones, thats why im currently deciding between kraken white and siberia

They are alright for the sound, but not okay for the comfort. My ears hurt after awhile of wearing them.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

Poorly. They look like a toy, and that's exactly what they are. Generally you want to avoid all gaming headsets in that price range except the HyperX Cloud.

They are not built well, have mediocre sound quality, and are not comfortable either. You are much better off buying a pair of decent headphones and attaching a mic to them.

I had the kraken and now I have the siberia v2.

Pros of the kraken: very good sound, excellent noise cancellation, nice looks, decent microphone

Cons: heavy, overpriced.

Siberia v2? I'd say worse of the same audio quality however... they are SO light that you can't feel them on your head. I've been doing 8h+ sessions and almost ripped them out because I forgot I had them on my head. That's just my opinion, hear out everyone else.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

If i would chose between Kraken and Siberia i would go with SIberia but if you take other options i would go with this one: http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-GameCom-380-Gaming-Headset/dp/B006ZS5AQA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1441609617&sr=8-1&keywords=plantronics+380

EDIT: But if you can afford the HyperX Cloud (not the 2) i would DEFINITELY pick those up.

Poorly. They look like a toy, and that's exactly what they are. Generally you want to avoid all gaming headsets in that price range except the HyperX Cloud.

They are not built well, have mediocre sound quality, and are not comfortable either. You are much better off buying a pair of decent headphones and attaching a mic to them.

A pair of decent headphones, like which ones? Can you please include a white with black accents headset as well?

A pair of decent headphones, like which ones? Can you please include a white with black accents headset as well?

Would your budget be around 70 USD for the headphones?

They're garbage, go with the HyperX Cloud II instead.

OS:Windows 10 Pro |  CPU:Intel Core i7 4790k | GPU:ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) | MoBo:ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Storage: 500GB Crucial MX200 SSD, 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (x2) | Monitors:Acer XB270HU/ASUS VH238H | Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Chroma w/ Razer Greens | Mouse:Razer Deathadder Chroma | Headset:BeyerDynamic DT990Pro w/ Antlion Modmic

Would your budget be around 70 USD for the headphones?

Like 125 tops

Like 125 tops

I would go with an open back pair mainly because you can hear yourself while speaking:

ATH AD 500x, 900X

Philips SHP9500 

Sennheiser HD  518,558

If you want a headset with a black/white color scheme in that price range I would go with the HyperX Cloud.

I would go with an open back pair mainly because you can hear yourself while speaking:

ATH AD 500x, 900X

Philips SHP9500

Sennheiser HD 518,558

If you want a headset with a black/white color scheme in that price range I would go with the HyperX Cloud.

I've never had an open back pair before so i don't know what to expect. So far i like what i read about Cloud, it looks like a solid choice, but let me ask you what do you think about these ones?

Audiotehnica ATH-M50x

1433247225audio-technica-ath-m50x-wh-400

I've never had an open back pair before so i don't know what to expect. So far i like what i read about Cloud, it looks like a solid choice, but let me ask you what do you think about these ones?

Audiotehnica ATH-M50x

1433247225audio-technica-ath-m50x-wh-400

At $165 they are overpriced. I would only conisder the m50s/x if they are around $100. For a little more you can get the DT 770 PRO which is a much better headphone overall. The m50x is uncomfortable. The pleather pads will become hot and sweaty quickly, eventually hardening them, and they have a high clamping force with poor headband padding.

I owned the m50 which is nearly identical to the m50x but without the removable cable. It was decent for the price I purchased it at (around $86 used), but did have its short comings.