Laptop won't turn on without A/C power

Hi everyone! I have a problem here, I'm using an Acer Aspire V5-573PG.

I am unable to power on without A/C power. The laptop would not turn on with its battery alone.
The laptop will just turn off the moment I unplug the A/C power.
Windows detects a battery in it @ 90% battery capacity.
I also tried disconnecting the battery running it on A/C alone then reconnecting it again.

Hopefully it's just battery fault & not the motherboard fault. Anyone had any ideas?

Battery model is AP13B3K
Rating: 15V 3560mAh, 53Wh

If it's battery fault anyone had any idea where to get a replacement without costing a bomb?

Thanks!

PCPARTPICKER: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FHJMmG CPU: i5-3570K GPU: Gigabyte AMD R9-290 4GB GDDR5 Windforce OC

Cooling: XSPC RayStorm + EK-VGA Supremacy + X2O 750 Dual Bayres/Pump (Black) V4 + Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper 240mm
RAM: KVR 2x8GB Low Profile PSU: Seasonic M12-II 620W Storage: Samsung 840 256GB + Toshiba 2.5'' 1TB Case: CM Storm Trooper

well, i had a similar issue with my samsung laptop.

shaking actually helped somehow...

--

other than that: your battery controller may be a brick... and the battery controller is the costly part of a pc battery.

well, i had a similar issue with my samsung laptop.

shaking actually helped somehow...

--

other than that: your battery controller may be a brick... and the battery controller is the costly part of a pc battery.

Where's the battery controller? It's it part of the battery?

PCPARTPICKER: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FHJMmG CPU: i5-3570K GPU: Gigabyte AMD R9-290 4GB GDDR5 Windforce OC

Cooling: XSPC RayStorm + EK-VGA Supremacy + X2O 750 Dual Bayres/Pump (Black) V4 + Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper 240mm
RAM: KVR 2x8GB Low Profile PSU: Seasonic M12-II 620W Storage: Samsung 840 256GB + Toshiba 2.5'' 1TB Case: CM Storm Trooper

Where's the battery controller? It's it part of the battery?

yes. you can replace the cells with some creativity, but the controller is something very brand specific, meaning you have to get official units.

yes. you can replace the cells with some creativity, but the controller is something very brand specific, meaning you have to get official units.

So I can just replace the battery & solve the problem? Hopefully its not the motherboard's fault.

Try getting a new battery and see if that helps

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

So I can just replace the battery & solve the problem? Hopefully its not the motherboard's fault.

the catch with "just replace the battery" is you need to find the same battery, or a compatible one.

which may set you back some decent money.

the catch with "just replace the battery" is you need to find the same battery, or a compatible one.

which may set you back some decent money.

Yep, just got a quote from my local hardware store. It would set me back about US$50. They allow me to test the battery before payment. 

Find the exact model and battery you need and get one from a reliable Ebay seller.

I do PC repair daily, for a business, and have not had any issues in the last 3 years buying batteries from reliable (high rating) sellers.

I can get most, not all, laptop batteries for around 20 USD or so.

Obviously high cap gaming notebook batteries will be higher.

**Be aware some laptop models are finicky. They just work better with actual OEM batteries, but most laptops will work fine with aftermarket replacements in my opinion.

FX-8320 @3.79 - Corsair H80i - Gigabyte GTX 970 WF - Asus Sabertooth - EVGA Supernova 650 P2 80+ Platinum - Thermaltake Commander Black
--- Twitter: @Armchairgooroo    FB: Thearmchairguru    Twitch: armchairguru ---

battery.png

Battery seems perfectly normal.