Preparing for Gigabit internet.

LimpCurve
10 hours ago, Adodger22 said:

The speedtest wasn't intended to show my internal network speed, only to show full utilization of my internet bandwidth over wifi, while admittedly it is a fraction of the available internal speed.

That's not how network transfers are bottlenecked. If you have a wireless N NIC that can do ~70Mbps or so and a 20Mbps internet connection? You will get 20Mbps. If you have 50Mbps assuming you're within range you'll get 50Mbps. It's only when you have an internet connection faster than the speed of your WiFi that your WiFi speed will be an issue.

10 hours ago, Adodger22 said:

Unfortunately I don't have 2 computers with 801.11ac chips in them so the best I can do is max out a usb 3.0 flash drives transfer speed. 289mbps sustained transfers rates between the router and the computer while transferring a 1.26gb video. I may try with a hardwired laptop and a ram disk later and I will post the results if you are interested.

Well wireless AC speeds are somewhere around 250-500Mbps or so. Depending on what spec wireless AC you have and how that brand has implemented it etc, etc. The fact you got almost 300Mbps doesn't surprise me at all. You have yet to give any decent arguments to go against the person you disagreed with so much that you had to revive this thread. You are yet to show that WiFi can do 1Gbps in the same way that Gigabit Ethernet can.

And you're not going to because it can't. Well, not from a single device anyways. If you had a couple of 5Ghz radios and hammered them both at once with high spec clients? Well then you could get just a tad over 1Gbps. But I guess if you did the same with Gigabit Ethernet you'd have 2Gbps so....

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing