Which high end card?

Honeydiddle

Im leaning towards the 7990 at its new price, what does everyone think? Seems like a damn powerful card for the money. Or 780? Or 9970?

i7 4790k | Asus Z97 M-Plus | 16GB Mushkin 1600mhz | Sapphire R9 390X | Samsung 830 128GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Corsair HX750i | Corsair Carbide 330r Blackout Edition 

Just wait it out a bit for 9970 to release. Buy it depending on it's price. The 7xxx series will drop and it is likely that the 780 price might be lowered depending on how the 9970 is priced and how it performs. Conversely the 9970 might outperform the 780 at a lower price, so buying the 780 now, I wouldn't.

Though I've heard the 7990 is really cheap right now, I'm not really a fan of 2 GPUs on one PCB.

Error: 410

For $450 you can get two good 7950s right now and OC the heck out of them.. :)

first of all, do you need a card now or can you wait? Dont wait for 9970, just get a 780 now if you want it. Nvidia doesnt do price cuts usually(not 100%), only AMD has in the past. Clearly if you are including the 9970 in the poll, it may mean you are wanting to wait until the release of the next gen. 7990 is a great deal but the heat and noise is still higher, and there was that supposed bad hiss/whine on capacitors that you might want to google. Single card is still my favorite. Even single card SLI/Xfire, 2 gpus on card is meh, although nvidia has faired better with acoustics going that route than AMD jetblower 6990 :P

How to recommend 9970 when there's no information about the card yet?   -_-

I say 7990 now if you don't want to wait.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

I've heard temps can get really high on the 7990. I'd say wait for the 9970, or get a 780, unless you're running triple monitors or something that might be better with 2 GPUs

[spoiler=Current Rig:]i5-4670K @ 4.4 Ghz on 1.3v | MSI Z87I | GTX 780 @ 1150 Mhz | 2x8GB ADATA XPG | Samsung 840 250GB SSD | CM V700 PSU | Custom Watercooled in a Caselabs S3

[spoiler=Peripherals:]Mad Catz R.A.T. 7 | Corsair K70 | Sennheiser Urbanite headphones | Corsair Vengeance MM200 | Asus PB278Q + Samsung 22"

Why not just go Titan or 780s or something?

Your setup suggests either waiting or going all in on Something Great, Nvidia (as you should know) is pretty damned reasonable here in NZ....Or are you looking for Compute power?

Why not just go Titan or 780s or something?

Your setup suggests either waiting or going all in on Something Great, Nvidia (as you should know) is pretty damned reasonable here in NZ....Or are you looking for Compute power?

The titan and 780 sli is very expensive, the 7990 is more powerful than both of those cards (maybe not 780 sli) in all gaming benchmarks i have seen so far

i7 4790k | Asus Z97 M-Plus | 16GB Mushkin 1600mhz | Sapphire R9 390X | Samsung 830 128GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Corsair HX750i | Corsair Carbide 330r Blackout Edition 

ATI is communist. Unless you like waiting in line for a small piece of bread on a day below freezing with a thin blanket with no tv programs besides the supreme ruler reading his newspaper you're better off going with the 780. 

For all the falsely accused: message me and we can decide how to right all the wrongs that happened to you!

I'm looking at the major corporations, the lying online communities, the government that protects us...

We are HUMANS, not robotic slaves! 

ATI is communist. Unless you like waiting in line for a small piece of bread on a day below freezing with a thin blanket with no tv programs besides the supreme ruler reading his newspaper you're better off going with the 780. 

I think you mean Nvidia.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Wait for 9000's to come out first and reviews to hit the web. 

Decide what to get then. You don't seem to be in a rush.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I guess i can wait, i have waited this long with a 560