Is the Nikon D3200 good for youtube?

YT2002

So Im looking at a DSLR for the future and was wondering if the NIkon D3200 is any good for youtube. Are there better options? Im not getting the kit lens I will buy my own. It is $400 AUD

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

Unless you're making a video of pictures, I don't see why you would get a D3200 for youtube. It's focused on taking pictures. There's video cameras out there that would be better. 

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

Unless you're making a video of pictures, I don't see why you would get a D3200 for youtube. It's focused on taking pictures. There's video cameras out there that would be better. 

Like what?

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

I own the D3200 and it's pretty great, the video is awesome so long as the lighting is half decent. If you could I'd recommend getting the T3i, the video mode is better, plus the rotating screen works wonders when you're working by yourself.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

So Im looking at a DSLR for the future and was wondering if the NIkon D3200 is any good for youtube. Are there better options? Im not getting the kit lens I will buy my own. It is $400 AUD

Like what?

@OP, read this guide

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440065-guide-dslr-or-video-camera-work-in-progress/

Any decent camcorder is good for Youtube.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

• 3 weeks later...

It's really depends on what video format ex. 720/1080 by what frame rate 30p/60p. if you want 30p then most thing would work.