Project Onyx

JamesThresher

I have a way, I just hope it works out OK

You making a custom backplate?

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

You making a custom backplate?

Nope :) although that would look quite nice. A Video card backplate could be modded to fit something else.

Current Rig (Ongoing Build)

Spec:- 4770K | GTX 780 | 32Gb 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro | CaseLabs TH10 | 2 x 840 Pro RAID 0 | 3 x 3Tb WD Red RAID 5 | Maximus VI Formula | LSI MegaRAID 9271

Cooling (Ongoing Build) :- EK CSQ Clean | EK FC Titan | 3 x BlackIce SR-1 480mm | NB eLoop Fans | Aquaero 5 XT | Dual D5 | Aqualis XT Res

If it has never been done how are we supposed to know? lol

those NB Eloop fans hehhuehehuhuehuhhe

in my basement,using a computer,staring at a 1024x768 screen

If it has never been done how are we supposed to know? lol

It's been done before, just not in any build I've seen.;)

Spec:- 4770K | GTX 780 | 32Gb 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro | CaseLabs TH10 | 2 x 840 Pro RAID 0 | 3 x 3Tb WD Red RAID 5 | Maximus VI Formula | LSI MegaRAID 9271

Cooling (Ongoing Build) :- EK CSQ Clean | EK FC Titan | 3 x BlackIce SR-1 480mm | NB eLoop Fans | Aquaero 5 XT | Dual D5 | Aqualis XT Res

UPDATE:

As promised, here are a few more photo's.

The waterblocks are going to look fantastic with Pastel Ice White running through them, EK FC Titan with the Backplate for the Video Card and the EK CSQ Clean block for the CPU, both the Nickel Plexi versions

9582919374_89bd6b0c88.jpg

As will the tubing :)

9582920464_ebd42661f0.jpg

9580135259_0dd8f1d275.jpg

Primochill Rigid Acrylic with the Black fittings.

Clean straight tubing, awesome! can't wait to see more :D.

UPDATE: Fan Splitters

I will be using 16 fans in total in this build and I'm intending to split these into 4 sets of 4 fans, each grouping of 4 being controlled through a separate channel on the Aquaero 5. One channel for each of the 3 radiators and and the fourth channel for the front intake fans. To do this I needed a 4 way 3 pin fan splitter, I didn't want to use a splitter cable as I think boards would look much nicer. After a lot of searching I couldn't find one that supported 4 fans and still connected the tacho line to one of the fans, so I've decided to have my own made.

Below is a shot of the board design, I'll be ordering the bare boards soon so I'll get some photo's of them up when they arrive in a few weeks.

The boards will be matte black with white silkscreen (The lettering)

post-34178-0-65177200-1377845503.png

UPDATE: More new toys

So the postman was busy delivering some new toys today

Some connectors and a Crimping tool, i'm all set to start some of the custom cabling now :)

9631631138_6321d762b8.jpg

Lots more Aqua computer gear
9631631952_06583d2312.jpg

The reservoir, it's the 450ml Aqualis XT
9628399087_da565e4808.jpg

Getting ready to fit the Pumps (D5 with USB and Aqua Bus interface) to the Pump tops
9631633540_b3bed06bec.jpg

I quite like the retaining mechanism, as nice as the metal ring is I may end up painting this white. It's a shame the back of the pump looks so messy, it would be nice if i could adapt a Bits Power mod kit to cover this.
9631634224_9fab2ea92f.jpg

9628401069_a1e540da37.jpg

9628401849_9e19c59318.jpg

Now on to the problem, the primochill rigid acrylic fittings are too big :(

9628402563_de4dfb6962.jpg

What's everyone's opinion on this? Should I use some bits power extensions or switch to using E22 12/10mm rigid acrylic rather than the primochill 13/10mm. This would mean that I would have to switch to the Bits power fittings (which look great) but I liked the fact that primochill system is a more secure compression type fitting?

Amazing pics. I would personally go with the Bitspower Multi Link fittings because they simply look awesome.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

I've heard reports of these sounding very bad in pull

I think the fans are loud because the fan blades can move up and down, and the blades are hitting the rad which is causing the noise. Singularity Computers did a video about this, can't remember which one though.

CPU: i5 4670K, Mobo: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB, GPU: Asus 280X, Case: Fractal Design XLR2, SSD: 840 evo 120GB, HDD: 2x 1TB Seagate, PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo

I think the fans are loud because the fan blades can move up and down, and the blades are hitting the rad which is causing the noise. Singularity Computers did a video about this, can't remember which one though.

He talked about it in the Nighhawk build I think...

Amazing pics. I would personally go with the Bitspower Multi Link fittings because they simply look awesome.

I'm leaning towards the Bitspower route, although I've created another problem for myself. I really like the look of the Carbon Black fittings, but nowhere seems to stock them. I'll probably end up going with the Bitspower Matte Black fittings.

I had this problem when I was testing the fans on one of the Rad's, loosening the screws slightly cured it. I think I'm probably going to use some radiator gasket between the fans and the Rad which should help performance slightly but also raise the fans up by a few mm which should stop this from happening.

He talked about it in the Nighhawk build I think...

Here it is.

CPU: i5 4670K, Mobo: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB, GPU: Asus 280X, Case: Fractal Design XLR2, SSD: 840 evo 120GB, HDD: 2x 1TB Seagate, PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo

Here it is.

Oh, Cytotoxic. Love that build. So many rads!

Oh, Cytotoxic. Love that build. So many rads!

Damn, that was truly a wonderful build!

I had this problem when I was testing the fans on one of the Rad's, loosening the screws slightly cured it. I think I'm probably going to use some radiator gasket between the fans and the Rad which should help performance slightly but also raise the fans up by a few mm which should stop this from happening.

Yep, that should do it.

Damn, that was truly a wonderful build!

Indeed, it is a beautiful build. his dedication in his client's build pays off.

Listen here people, PC stands for PERSONAL FUCKING COMPUTER. Now would you PLEASE stop complaining about the component selection of these builds logs? Its his PC and HIS money, if people were to have the same components, these forums probably wouldnt even exist. Im sick of seeing the words "overkill", "why would you need that?" "why 32gb RAM", seriously its fucking annoying. 

OT: Cant wait to see the completed build, love the new designs on the ROG series of mobo's ;)

+1000000...... -_-

I dream of 0s and 1s folding to my every command,

algorithms seeping from the back of my head when I need them.

UPDATE: Fan Modding

Just a quick update,

I don't like the way that the multi coloured wires look on the fans

9642933687_3eaf250a9b.jpg

So I'm replacing all of the wiring with black wires, I think it looks much better. I'm not bothering with the PWM wire as all the fans will be voltage controlled.
9646170676_f6ed969c1c.jpg

Only a few more to go :) This might take a while!
9642934581_8af32a0572.jpg

UPDATE: Fan Modding

Just a quick update,

I don't like the way that the multi coloured wires look on the fans

9642933687_3eaf250a9b.jpg

So I'm replacing all of the wiring with black wires, I think it looks much better. I'm not bothering with the PWM wire as all the fans will be voltage controlled.

9646170676_f6ed969c1c.jpg

Only a few more to go :) This might take a while!

9642934581_8af32a0572.jpg

SO MANY FANZ!!! I kinda like it. Subzero h100i any one.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

Looking good subed

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Are you worried about the aluminium vrm cooling block thing? (or are you not using it?)