Custom loop w/ Alphacool DC-LT or Swiftech H220

hey guys, so i'm trying to figure out what water cooling system i should go with... 

right now i have an 3570k OC to 4.2, not much... i got the my old Corsair H50 on it, but I'm planing of getting a new case hopefully a new system. LOL 

but back to the water cooling... I'm looking to get something $180 maybe... I want it look good... 

so i was thinking of the 
Swiftech H220, changing the tubing and add some UV Fluid.... cost of the H220 is about $150  US
or i was thinking of making a custom loop, maybe with the this parts

Alphacool DC-LT Ceramic 12V DC Pump + Plexi Top + Reservoir - Installed
XSPC EX240 Dual 120mm Low Profile Split Fin Radiator
EK Supreme LTX Intel CPU

total about $180

question is the Alphacool DC-LT pump better than the one in the H220? 

I do hope to add maybe more stuff to the loop... 

let me know what you guys think??

h220 is the way forward :p

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

how about i mod the h50... add the Alphacool DC-LT and the XSPC EX240... i know tubing will be small. like 1/4" i think.... save $50 lol 

I wouldn't trust anything but Laing pumps. So H220. :)

At least you get good customer service if something goes wrong.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

how about i mod the h50... add the Alphacool DC-LT and the XSPC EX240... i know tubing will be small. like 1/4" i think.... save $50 lol 

no.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

h220. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

I like your answer! plan and simple! LOL 

no.

OKAY OKAY, so no Alphacool DC-LT. lol  

so i got another question...

if i get the H220 and want to add a reservoir, again for looks. how would that work? cause doesn't the reservoir have to be over the pump?? 

( should i post the question in a new topic)... 

I like your answer! plan and simple! LOL 

OKAY OKAY, so no Alphacool DC-LT. lol  

so i got another question...

if i get the H220 and want to add a reservoir, again for looks. how would that work? cause doesn't the reservoir have to be over the pump?? 

( should i post the question in a new topic)... 

Where are you getting a h220 :o?

Where are you getting a h220 :o?

Well its out of stock in most places, (newegg) but i'm just going to wait... 

could it be its out of stock cause they are getting the swiftech h320?? naa i think they should still be making both... 

could it be its out of stock cause they are getting the swiftech h320?? naa i think they should still be making both... 

They don't sell the h220 in the U.S, that why i was wondering :P

naw.. because of this:

Press Release:  07-19-13-H220 Swiftech removes sales in the USA also a thread in

the water cooling section. basically stating the Asetek Holding Co has asked Swiftech

to cease sales in the USA due to Patent infringements. as well as Cooler Master Seidon

series as they are a copy of the Asetek design and patent outlines.

no sales in the USA for Swiftech H220/320. any already purchased will receive proper

support. so any private purchases so far are not linked to the retail shut-down.

as to your list, use either the DDC (350/355/35x) pumps or the D5 (655) pump. it will

increase the total budget, but a lot more reliable and less issues down the road.

the DDC pumps are a lot more compact and can fit anywhere, but have a tendency to be

hot during operation. there are heat-sinks and fans to keep them cool. the D5 does not

have this issue, but is a lot more "bulky" over the DDC.

airdeano