Windows 10 Page File?

On Windows 7, my normal procedure was to go to the page file settings and set the initial and maximum size to the number beside "recommended" which was 24487mb. Now that I've upgraded to Windows 10, it kept it custom at 24487mb but now the number but now it's recommending 2936mb. Should I keep it at 24487mb or change it to 2936mb?

How much RAM do you have and what types of work do you use the PC for?

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

how much ram do you have

have you ever used all of your ram

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

How much RAM do you have and what types of work do you use the PC for?

I have two sticks of 8GB 1600Mhz memory, so 16GB. I use my machine for gaming, browsing, editing (very rarely; almost never). A little bit of everything but mainly gaming.

how much ram do you have

have you ever used all of your ram

I have 16GB of 1600Mhz memory. I'm going to go ahead and say no, I've never got to point where I've used it all.

I have 16GB of 1600Mhz memory. I'm going to go ahead and say no, I've never got to point where I've used it all.

then you should set it to the 3GB windows recommends

you will get a lot of drive space back with no risk of issues

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

then you should set it to the 3GB windows recommends

you will get a lot of drive space back with no risk of issues

The only reason I changed my page file before is because everything seemed to just run faster and better. Since the update to 10, I've noticed my boot time and some applications were slightly slower than on my previous install of Windows 7. I did change it to the new recommended 2936mb so hopefully that helps. If it comes to it, I'll let Windows go back to automatically setting it.

The only reason I changed my page file before is because everything seemed to just run faster and better. Since the update to 10, I've noticed my boot time and some applications were slightly slower than on my previous install of Windows 7. I did change it to the new recommended 2936mb so hopefully that helps. If it comes to it, I'll let Windows go back to automatically setting it.

is this a clean install of 10?

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

If you have more than 8 GB or RAM and a SSD you can turn off the paging file for better performance.

Intel i7-4790K Processor, 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3-1600 RAM, ASUS Z-87 Pro Motherboard, Corsair RM 750 PSU, 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 2 x 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs, ASUS GeForce GTX 970 STRIX GPU, Corsair Carbide 500R Case, AFT Pro-77U Card Reader, Dell UltraSharp 24 Monitor – U2415, Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920, Windows 9 (Windows 10 with StartIsBack++)

I set my pagefile at a minimum of 1024  and a maximum of 2048, bare in mind with 16gb and even 8gb of memory, it barely gets used, so setting it to anymore than 2048 is a waste of storage space.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

It installed over my previous Windows 7.

sounds like you might wanna do the clean install of 10 then get the newest drivers

only doing the upgrade often has problems

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile