Families suing Boeing for Asiana Airlines plane crash.

xRAGExSounDxRIOTX

http://news.msn.com/us/families-sue-boeing-over-deadly-asiana-crash

Three families are suing Boeing for the airline crash claiming that the pilots didn't have adequate training in the flying of the 777. They are also suing them for not having a low air-speed warning following the Amsterdam plane crash four years ago.

My thoughts are, shouldn't they be suing Asiana Airlines because they're the one's that are responsible for the training of the pilots? What about your thoughts?

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

I wondered how long it would take. Normally I see most court battles as pointless money grabs however this is very much warranted, you shouldn't have a trainee pilot flying a decent that none of the flight crew have themselves ever flown.

Is it really Boeing's fault? I thought they just supplied the planes, and the airline would handle the training...

That's what I thought, also.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

I believe most planes already has stall warning.We can't say that it is Asiana fault or Boeing fault before crash report release to public.Maybe Asiana did not train the pilot properly or maybe Boeing have flawed training module or releasing incomplete the training instruction.

Three families are suing Boeing for the airline crash claiming that the pilots didn't have adequate training in the flying of the 777.

It is not abnormal at all in aviation for untrained pilots to fly an aircraft. Particularly in the commercial sector.

It is mandatory that all pilots reach a certain amount of hours in the sim to comply with FAA standards. After this period the pilots are able to fly commercial flights with passengers with/or freight onboard aslong as they have a trained Captain or FO in the jump seat.

They are also suing them for not having a low air-speed warning following the Amsterdam plane crash four years ago

Most aircraft are fitted with a device that applies feedback to the control column when approaching stall speed. Normally in the form of vibrating the controls. (I know this is for definite on 76/75 aircraft, but most probably applies to the 777 as well) It would probably be combination of not following the glide slope properly and low air speed... Although one would have thought this would have been picked up by the trained pilot in the jump seat..

The answer is 42.
Oh, wait, you mean to tell me you need to know the question now?
Well, I can't answer that.

Well their probably just looking for a settlement because I'm sure Boeing does not want to deal with this.

This would be the equivalent of me hitting someone with my car and them suing ford beacuse I didn't know how to drive.

Daddy and I were talking about this the other day.  Pilots used to be highly paid and highly trained people.  But like in today's world they don't make a lot (in the USA anyway), and they are trained how to take off/land on a basic level and like use auto pilot.  It's really scary to see someone my age flying a plain.  I'd totally want some old grey haired guy like the guy who landed in the Hudson!!

<3

Steph

My PC: CPU: I7-2600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Evo, Mother Board: MSI Z77 Mpower, Ram: 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Corsair Vengeance (Black), Case: HAF 932, PSU: CM GX 650 (Upgrading to RM750 soon), SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD, HD:  750GB Seagate 7200 RPM, Optical: Samsung Blu-ray burner, GPU: MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr (Upgrading to an HD R9-290X on launch)

I believe most planes already has stall warning.We can't say that it is Asiana fault or Boeing fault before crash report release to public.Maybe Asiana did not train the pilot properly or maybe Boeing have flawed training module or releasing incomplete the training instruction.

The 777 is one of the most used and trusted planes in the industry.  At this point it is highly unlikely that this accident stems from inadequate or improper training procedures on behalf of Boeing. Asiana on the other hand... they've had similar instances on takeoff/landing that were found to be caused by pilot error.

Airline manufacturers always take the most blame in every accident even if it clearly isn't their fault.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Daddy and I were talking about this the other day.  Pilots used to be highly paid and highly trained people.  But like in today's world they don't make a lot (in the USA anyway), and they are trained how to take off/land on a basic level and like use auto pilot.  It's really scary to see someone my age flying a plain.  I'd totally want some old grey haired guy like the guy who landed in the Hudson!!

<3

Steph

This entirely ^ Some pilots make less than $20,000 a year!!

Why not sue Nike, because someone on board must have been wearing a pair of their shoes  :rolleyes:

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

I wondered how long it would take. Normally I see most court battles as pointless money grabs however this is very much warranted, you shouldn't have a trainee pilot flying a decent that none of the flight crew have themselves ever flown.

Training is the responsibility of the airline not the manufacture of a product.  It's like suing a car manufacturer because some moron crashed and injured you while they were DUI.

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Is it really Boeing's fault? I thought they just supplied the planes, and the airline would handle the training...

by suing Boeing they are hitting the biggest money bag out of what they can. by doing so, and garnering negative press for Boeing, Boeing will then turn around and potentially sue asiana airlines, getting Boeing's reputation back, fucking asiana over, and their money in return.

classic american law strategy, but a stupid one at that.

by suing Boeing they are hitting the biggest money bag out of what they can. by doing so, and garnering negative press for Boeing, Boeing will then turn around and potentially sue asiana airlines, getting Boeing's reputation back, fucking asiana over, and their money in return.

classic american law strategy, but a stupid one at that.

Yep.  I understand that the people are pissed and they deserve an apology and if wanted, a settlement.  But launching suits left right and centre before the investigation is even complete is incredibly selfish and stupid.  Now Boeing has to allocate resources to deal with them  instead of:

-working with FAA, NTSB, Asiana etc. to find the cause of the accident and prevent it from happening again

-focus on designing and building reliable planes.

So yes, classic American law, classic American people.

Well their probably just looking for a settlement because I'm sure Boeing does not want to deal with this.

This would be the equivalent of me hitting someone with my car and them suing ford beacuse I didn't know how to drive.

that just made me laugh. and I totally agree with you. and as a native Korean I feel embarrassed and wouldn't trust the Asiana Airlines. (although they won Grand Slam awards for 3 years in a row or something.)

that just made me laugh. and I totally agree with you. and as a native Korean I feel embarrassed and wouldn't trust the Asiana Airlines. (although they won Grand Slam awards for 3 years in a row or something.)

I watch a lot of those plane crash investigation documentaries (Mayday) and it always seems that the airline company is "regarded as the safest in the World" or has won some award :P

Training is the responsibility of the airline not the manufacture of a product.  It's like suing a car manufacturer because some moron crashed and injured you while they were DUI.

Wait my mistake, I read that as they were suing the airline O.O