Windows 10 Installation Error

AFlyingBuffalo

I tried to install Windows 10 again today after trying 6 times yesterday, but I keep getting this error after it restarts my computer once. Does anyone know what to do so I can install it properly? I've tried it through the USB version and Windows update but it just doesn't work either way.

Thanks!

Error: (sorry for giant picture)

Also sorry for yesterdays post, I went into too much unnecessary detail and messed up.

I'm upgrading from Windows 8.1 64bit Home, the motherboard is an MSI Z97I AC, and I only have 1 drive.

post-188168-0-12696900-1441208762_thumb.

post-188168-0-12696900-1441208762_thumb.

Geezz....some details man.....What MOBO? Any other drives and does any of them have an OS on it? What are you boot options? Give us something.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Geezz....some details man.....What MOBO? Any other drives and does any of them have an OS on it? What are you boot options? Give us something.

Right. Sorry about that, I only have one drive (Kingston SSDNow V300), and the motherboard is an MSI Z97I AC. This is from the USB version of the download not the windows update one.

Right. Sorry about that, I only have one drive (Kingston SSDNow V300), and the motherboard is an MSI Z97I AC. This is from the USB version of the download not the windows update one.

When you say USB version, is it a USB boot version you used from microsoft or did you make one from the microsoft .iso?

These new MOBO's BIOS has an option to allow safe_OS certificates or not. Gonna take a screen dump of what i am talking about. brb.

When you say USB version, is it a USB boot version you used from microsoft or did you make one from the microsoft .iso?

These new MOBO's BIOS has an option to allow safe_OS certificates or not. Gonna take a screen dump of what i am talking about. brb.

I got the installer from microsoft's website after failing to upgrade from the windows update.

Link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

I got the installer from microsoft's website after failing to upgrade from the windows update.

Link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Yeah i got that part, what i am trying to find out is how are you trying to instal it, is it via microsoft's usb boot version or is it from a a usb boot version you made from the microsoft win10 .iso? 

This is the key management thing for secure boot/safe_OS that i was talking about. Check and see if your MOBO has those keys loaded. 

150902120421.BMP

Also, why were you not able to get the Win10 from the update? What message did you get?

Yeah i got that part, what i am trying to find out is how are you trying to instal it, is it via microsoft's usb boot version or is it from a a usb boot version you made from the microsoft win10 .iso? 

This is the key management thing for secure boot/safe_OS that i was talking about. Check and see if your MOBO has those keys loaded. 

attachicon.gif150902120421.BMP

Also, why were you not able to get the Win10 from the update? What message did you get?

I was able to get it from the update but when my computer restarts it gives me a very similar error when the window shows up, and refuses to do anything else. I'm installing it with a usb i made from the iso

I was able to get it from the update but when my computer restarts it gives me a very similar error when the window shows up, and refuses to do anything else. I'm installing it with a usb i made from the iso

Were you updating from Win7/8/8.1 and did you have all the service packs installed? Are you sure your USB boot disk is properly made?

Were you updating from Win7/8/8.1 and did you have all the service packs installed? Are you sure your USB boot disk is properly made?

I'm upgrading from windows 8.1 64bit and how would I make sure the disk is properly made?

I have the most recent updates.

I'm upgrading from windows 8.1 64bit and how would I make sure the disk is properly made?

I have the most recent updates.

What win10 key are you using to do the install if you didn't do the upgrade to get a key in the first place?

What win10 key are you using to do the install if you didn't do the upgrade to get a key in the first place?

I'm upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8.1. I'm not sure what you mean by a key, like a product key? (sorry again)

I'm upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8.1. I'm not sure what you mean by a key, like a product key? (sorry again)

Yeah the product key. You won't be able to install Win10 if you don't have the key and you only can get the key if you bought it or you did the upgrade and then took the key that microsoft gave you during the upgrade.

Yeah the product key. You won't be able to install Win10 if you don't have the key and you only can get the key if you bought it or you did the upgrade and then took the key that microsoft gave you during the upgrade.

I have a genuine copy of Win 8.1 which I'm trying to upgrade to Win 10. I was able to upgrade on my parents PC from Win 7 just fine to Win 10.

I feel bad for not figuring this out on my own.

I have a genuine copy of Win 8.1 which I'm trying to upgrade to Win 10. I was able to upgrade on my parents PC from Win 7 just fine to Win 10.

Also would an Antivirus be the problem, or some driver like GPU?

No need to fell bad about not figuring the issue on your own, these things happen. The process for Win10 install via fresh install is only via a product key and you can only get the key if you bought it or got a key from when you did the update to win10. This is probably why you can't install win10 as a fresh install, as to why you couldn't be able to update is another story which you are not the only one to have.

Another thing to know is if your OS, be it win 7/8/8.1 was a pirated version and did not pass microsoft's "validation" process, you won't be able to do the update as they will block you.

Also would an Antivirus be the problem, or some driver like GPU?

Not it has nothing to do with GPU driver or antivirus.

Check this post, your exact same error code and from checking into it, you are not alone.

No need to fell bad about not figuring the issue on your own, these things happen. The process for Win10 install via fresh install is only via a product key and you can only get the key if you bought it or got a key from when you did the update to win10. This is probably why you can't install win10 as a fresh install, as to why you couldn't be able to update is another story which you are not the only one to have.

Another thing to know is if your OS, be it win 7/8/8.1 was a pirated version and did not pass microsoft's "validation" process, you won't be able to do the update as they will block you.

Not it has nothing to do with GPU driver or antivirus.

Check this post, your exact same error code and from checking into it, you are not alone.

I purchased my copy of windows 8.1 so its not that, and im not trying to do a fresh install of 10, just trying to upgrade. Thank you so much for your help! I'm following the guide and in device manager I have 3 'Generic Volume' things in storage volumes after showing hidden devices. should I delete them?

Edit: oh i read a comment saying the same thing nevermind