VM hyper visor

tom564
Go to solution Solved by tom564,

I am not sure but VMWare VSphere may do something like this, or Windows System Management 2012 for Hyper-V.

These are supposed to do external management of your farms and can do load mamagement and load balancing... Would be pretty expensive I think...

We move Hyper-V guests between nodes with no issues, on 2012 using live migration. Works well...

I have a copy of hyper-v and have tried ESXI and proxmox.  Does hyper-v allow web based viewing of the machines? 

Does anyone know if anything like this exists ? 

I am looking for a hyper visor that allows for a cluster of multiple machines to be made but only power up nodes in the cluster as they are required, ideally it would also support restoring all VMS to a previous snapshot to revert any changes.  I know that it is not easy to split the load from one VM across multiple hardware nodes however I would like to have each VM cloned on each node’s HDD when I click to start one it would decide if the available resources are available to it.

Thanks

I am not sure but VMWare VSphere may do something like this, or Windows System Management 2012 for Hyper-V.

These are supposed to do external management of your farms and can do load mamagement and load balancing... Would be pretty expensive I think...

We move Hyper-V guests between nodes with no issues, on 2012 using live migration. Works well...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

I have a copy of hyper-v and have tried ESXI and proxmox.  Does hyper-v allow web based viewing of the machines? 

No - you need to use Hyper-V manager - but you can install it on any system and use it to manage your environment.

You can also download a copy of Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V and I think Server 2012 Hyper-v which are special versions of windows, that only had a basic gui interface and are for dedicated hyper-v host systems.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

No - you need to use Hyper-V manager - but you can install it on any system and use it to manage your environment.

You can also download a copy of Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V and I think Server 2012 Hyper-v which are special versions of windows, that only had a basic gui interface and are for dedicated hyper-v host systems.

Thanks, I will have to try that tomorrow