Deus Ex Preorder Scheme

http://www.polygon.com/2015/8/31/9231725/deus-ex-mankind-divided-release-date

So, Square Enix has a new pre-order scheme...  they're holding content hostage, content which has already been created, vetted and is packaged up.  I think Polygon sums it up pretty well:

It's a bit like Kickstarter, but you're buying a game that will be completed and released with or without your money; instead, all you're contributing to is a bit of promotional theater.

So it's DLC you can preorder. But instead of DLC it's physical objects.

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

The only thing I dislike here is that there's apparently a story mission being roped into this tiered preorder thing. For stuff like cosmetics, art books, and soundtracks, I couldn't care less.

I don't care what they're offering or what in-game content they lock behind a pre-order wall, I will not gamble my money on an unreleased game.

That all happens only because there are still Idiots who preorder. If all would stop, this shit would stop.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

The extra mission is pretty much the only bad thing about this, the packs are arguable if it's exclusive items and not cosmetics. Don't blow it up to something it isn't, that's just a lose-lose for both parts. 

Other games have already done this on Steam before, it's nothing new.

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!

I think TotalBiscuit really summed this up well:

Pretty much doing this is anti-consumer due to locking away content, people who want everything from pre-ordering are just going to pirate the game because they can't get that content any other way(unless there is something simple lik an .ini file that you can change to get everything), and finally this gives consumers incentives to tell all of their friends to pre-order so the Teirs can get higher for more bonuses.

I think it's pretty stupid of them to do this, mainly locking away content. I don't pre-order myself and never plan to and usually I ignore pre-order discussion entirely, but this is just next level stupid with how they have this setup.

I think TotalBiscuit really summed this up well:

Pretty much doing this is anti-consumer due to locking away content, people who want everything from pre-ordering are just going to pirate the game because they can't get that content any other way(unless there is something simple lik an .ini file that you can change to get everything), and finally this gives consumers incentives to tell all of their friends to pre-order so the Teirs can get higher for more bonuses.

I think it's pretty stupid of them to do this, mainly locking away content. I don't pre-order myself and never plan to and usually I ignore pre-order discussion entirely, but this is just next level stupid with how they have this setup.

Me and my Friends stopped preordering with Aliens:CM. That was my last Preorder and it will stay that way.

Thx for the Video. Deus Ex is now on the Ignore List.

I didnt bought Unity or Watch Dogs or Dead Space 3 or Evolve or or or.

Companies who want fuck me, can gfts. I dont need their scamming shit Games.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO