Can I download a game for my friend

IPROXGio

So my friend brought GTA V to play with me but the only problem is he has 200kb/s internet while i have fibre optic. I was just wondering if he is able to bring round his HDD so that I can download GTA V onto it for him and would it affect my own version of GTA V on my personal hdd thx for reading, btw it was funny him saying what 14 days download 

Yes you can and no your copy will be fine, He just needs to put GTA in the location the installer will want to download it (It's so much easier if he has the steam copy)

CPU: i5-4690K @ 4.0GHz GPU: Gigabyte Gtx 970 WindForce MOBO: Gigabyte Z97 Gaming-3 CASE: Corsair Carbide 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4GBx4  MOUSE: CM Mizar KEYBOARD: Logitec G110

So my friend brought GTA V to play with me but the only problem is he has 200kb/s internet while i have fibre optic. I was just wondering if he is able to bring round his HDD so that I can download GTA V onto it for him and would it affect my own version of GTA V on my personal hdd thx for reading, btw it was funny him saying what 14 days download 

Yep, it works no problem at all, heres the process

First install the GTAV_SETUP.exe file on your friends PC, run it and let it update itself and start to download the game then quit the launcher. Next copy over the folder containing the game files and overwrite the existing folder. Finally run the launcher again, give it a few mins to sort itself out and the launcher should say the game is finished and ready to start.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Thanks guys and yes 

Yes you can and no your copy will be fine, He just needs to put GTA in the location the installer will want to download it (It's so much easier if he has the steam copy)

he does have the steam copy 

thanks for the instructions as well

Yep, it works no problem at all, heres the process

First install the GTAV_SETUP.exe file on your friends PC, run it and let it update itself and start to download the game then quit the launcher. Next copy over the folder containing the game files and overwrite the existing folder. Finally run the launcher again, give it a few mins to sort itself out and the launcher should say the game is finished and ready to start.

Thanks guys and yes 

Steam copy is different process.

Quit Steam on your friends PC, transfer over the game folder from Steamapps/common onto your friends PC but also transfer the appmanifest_271590 file over from the Steamapps folder too. When your friend launches Steam GTAV should be ready to play.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

On steam you can make a backup of your game and he can just install your backup like a setup

Needs Update

Thanks guys and yes 

For steam he needs to just paste the entire GTA V file (He will not get your save files) into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common

CPU: i5-4690K @ 4.0GHz GPU: Gigabyte Gtx 970 WindForce MOBO: Gigabyte Z97 Gaming-3 CASE: Corsair Carbide 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4GBx4  MOUSE: CM Mizar KEYBOARD: Logitec G110