Computer Randomly Shuts down.

SAVAGE HCS

So I was playing a game and all of the sudden my computer completely shut off. (Mobo lights were still on but fans stopped spinning etc...) So I went to turn it back on and for probably about half a second it started to boot up, then immediately shut off. If I unplug it from the wall and power it back on it does the same thing. So I looked real hard and saw that it was kinda dusty in there so today I cleaned ALL of the dust out of the whole thing. I power it back on and it started to boot up for maybe about 2 seconds this time and then shut off, then about 5 seconds later it powered back on by itself. About 25 mins later it randomly shut off again. (I was browsing the ltt forums on Chrome). What should I do? Attached are some temp readings from Mobo, CPU, and GPU. Could it be the power supply? The components still have power while it shuts off. (Like mobo lights that stay on when shut down.) So the computer seems to be getting power. Thank you!

My Build: 

• CPU
    Intel i7 3930k OC to 4.6 GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme x79
  • RAM
    16 DDR3 1600 MHz
  • GPU
    Nvidia Geforce Gtx 680 with 2GB of Vram
  •  
  • Storage
    1x (OS) Corsair 126 SSD 1x 1TB WD Black HDD 1x 3TB WD Black
  • PSU
    1200W
  • Display(s)
    1x 27" Samsung 1080p 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G19
  • Mouse
    Anker 8200 DPI High Precision Laser Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Astro A40s with Mixamp
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 64bit

post-252781-0-17844100-1440984082_thumb.

post-252781-0-15033500-1440984085_thumb.

What brand is your power supply?  Some power supplies just suck at supplying power well... I won't pretend to be an expert on how a power supply works (especially yours that I know nothing about), but maybe all the necessary components aren't getting enough juice, and all the power your PSU can give is just enough to power internal LED lights (which take basically nothing to power).

-snip-

I recommend turning down your CPU's overclock to see if that makes a difference. Even if it was working just fine before. Your AIO's pump might be aging, the fluid in the tubes might be thickening.

It's worth a try.

Any codes out of that mobo?

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

What brand is your power supply?  Some power supplies just suck at supplying power well... I won't pretend to be an expert on how a power supply works (especially yours that I know nothing about), but maybe all the necessary components aren't getting enough juice, and all the power your PSU can give is just enough to power internal LED lights (which take basically nothing to power).

Well I have had this computer for 3 years now and haven't changed anything recently. Don't really wanna turn down the overclock because I doubt that is the problem. Power supply is a Tech NPS 1205W 

Where would I look to get them?

Some Mobos have LED things on them that display a number on a failure.  You can search up that number in the MOBO manual to figure out what went wrong.  BTW I've never ever heard of that brand of power supply, and it could be the problem.  You might find a reliable alternative that is relatively cheap and swap that in to see if it fixes anything.

This is a picture of your model mobo. It's in the bottom right-hand corner:

5885e7e6_vbattach236590.jpeg

That's a fantastic amount of fan headers by the way, 6 + 1 for the CPU. EDIT: There were 7 + 1, by bad miscounting. (The white one is for CPU)

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

This is a picture of your model mobo. It's in the bottom right-hand corner:

5885e7e6_vbattach236590.jpeg

That's a fantastic amount of fan headers by the way, 6 + 1 for the CPU

Thank you. The LEDS turn off when it does. :(

Here's as close as I could get it:

CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($559.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Corsair Force LS 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($72.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $783.96
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-30 23:12 EDT-0400

Your power consumption tops out at 483W stock, but I'd always allow for some power overhead. I recommend a new PSU in the 600 - 750W range.
@Chickenator, do you have any thoughts or did I get it spot-on?

Here's as close as I could get it:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($559.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 92.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler 

Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme EATX LGA2011 Motherboard 

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 

Storage: Corsair Force LS 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($72.99 @ Amazon) 

Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($70.99 @ Newegg) 

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 680 2GB Video Card 

Total: $783.96

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-30 23:12 EDT-0400

Your power consumption tops out at 483W stock, but I'd always allow for some power overhead. I recommend a new PSU in the 600 - 750W range.

@Chickenator, do you have any thoughts or did I get it spot-on?

I am planning to upgrade to a GtX 980 ti soon so I will probably just get another 1200w psu. This time from corsair.

1200w is still pretty high, even with the highest out-of-box clock I could find on a 980 ti, from Zotac. I'd save some money and go for a 700-850w then.

I am planning to upgrade to a GtX 980 ti soon so I will probably just get another 1200w psu. This time from corsair.

1200w is still pretty high, even with the highest out-of-box clock I could find on a 980 ti, from Zotac. I'd save some money and go for a 700-850w then.

Yea, getting a new PSU on upgrade is a good idea.  I personally would get a seasonic unit; they are incredibly reliable PSU's.  However, a 750 or 850 watt PSU from corsair wouldn't disappoint either.

Yea, getting a new PSU on upgrade is a good idea.  I personally would get a seasonic unit; they are incredibly reliable PSU's.  However, a 750 or 850 watt PSU from corsair wouldn't disappoint either.

I guess I'm just a little stubborn but I went and picked up the Corsair 1200w hxi series psu. (http://www.corsair.com/en-us/hxi-series-hx1200i-high-performance-atx-power-supply-1200-watt-80-plus-platinum-certified-psu) I had the extra money and wanted to make sure that I was completely covered. Thank you guys for your help. I will update this thread when I get the psu installed and see if that fixes my problem.