Need DAC/AMP with sub pre-out

johnt

Shallow slope, meaning a milder attenuation curve for the filter. Say 12dB/octave instead of a steep 48dB/octave.

I'm not sure what the V3600i has. Would Tom know since, I assume, it's built into the amp?

I'm not sure what the V3600i has. Would Tom know since, I assume, it's built into the amp

Yup, it should be behind the plate. I think it would be on the separate board from the Icepower module (which I believe is a 700ASX).

I am sure he'd know.

Yup, it should be behind the plate. I think it would be on the separate board from the Icepower module (which I believe is a 700ASX).

I am sure he'd know.

The module must be tweaked or something. I know PSA uses two amplifiers because they are rated for 1700w, I imagine that's RMS.

Behind which plate? The behind the rear panel on the inside of the cabinet? I don't mind opening it up and taking a look.

The module must be tweaked or something. I know PSA uses two amplifiers because they are rated for 1700w, I imagine that's RMS.

Behind which plate? The behind the rear panel on the inside of the cabinet? I don't mind opening it up and taking a look.

It should be behind the metal panel that has the controls. In these things, that's normally referred to as a "plate" amplifier. If it's an IC though, then it'd be difficult to tell the slope by just looking at it (it probably is, since I believe your sub runs a DSP to shape the output).

Unless there are two plates, I think it only has one 700ASX/ASC module (probably running at 2 ohms). Home subwoofer amps normally aren't rated the same way as full range amplifiers; they typically quote dynamic power at a higher distortion threshold (since the utilization is different and most people don't detect distortion as easily in the lower frequency ranges).

Don't buy their snakeoil. You could get by with a lot cheaper amps especially for a majority of cans, even Planars. For speakers, nothing really beats a quality receiver if you have the space.

I... What? Have you ever even looked at the Schiit product page? They basically say that the Magni/Modi stack is going to be all you'll ever need, and then they proceed to basically just make fun of all of their other products. Their high priced gear is for those that want to pay that much. Other than the Ragnarok, which has speaker outs, while still having a dedicated, highly powerful balanced and unbalanced headphone amp, all of Schiit's products have more or less, the same functionality, and they are a very upstanding and high quality company. Of all of the companies in the "Audiophile" (Or audiophool, if you prefer), I would say that Schiit is among the least outlandish. That's a very unfair comment to make towards their company.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

I... What? Have you ever even looked at the Schiit product page? They basically say that the Magni/Modi stack is going to be all you'll ever need, and then they proceed to basically just make fun of all of their other products. Their high priced gear is for those that want to pay that much. Other than the Ragnarok, which has speaker outs, while still having a dedicated, highly powerful balanced and unbalanced headphone amp, all of Schiit's products have more or less, the same functionality, and they are a very upstanding and high quality company. Of all of the companies in the "Audiophile" (Or audiophool, if you prefer), I would say that Schiit is among the least outlandish. That's a very unfair comment to make towards their company.

I'm talking about their higher priced stuff not specifically the Magni/Modi combination. They have since cleaned up their act since their Nwavguy incident. 

I'm talking about their higher priced stuff not specifically the Magni/Modi combination. They have since cleaned up their act since their Nwavguy incident. 

Their higher end stuff doesn't really make any outlandish claims...

Also, the NWAVguy incident was more of an issue of the company being brand new, and not knowing 100% what is involved. It's hardly something you can hold against them, especially since they then offered to retrofit the fix for free. Even to secondhand users/owners because they didn't want their product to damage the headphones.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Their higher end stuff doesn't really make any outlandish claims...

Also, the NWAVguy incident was more of an issue of the company being brand new, and not knowing 100% what is involved. It's hardly something you can hold against them, especially since they then offered to retrofit the fix for free. Even to secondhand users/owners because they didn't want their product to damage the headphones.

Shouldn't have damaged them in the first place. That's the type stuff companies try to pull and to save face they offer free recalls. It's not out of the kindness of their hearts. They may make nice products now but they has severely damaged their reputation in my books and I couldn't recommend them to anyone based on that. Maybe their stuff is good but the only time I seem to hear recommendations for their stuff is from HeadFi. Seems like there's some reasoning behind that. Even Linus thinks Schitt is well, shit. 

Either way, OP wanted an amp with a sub out and if he could afford the space he'd be better off with a receiver or even any of the other compact solutions suggested here like the NAD. What's the point in spending that much money on an amp anyway unless you got some serious power needs?

Shouldn't have damaged them in the first place. That's the type stuff companies try to pull and to save face they offer free recalls. It's not out of the kindness of their hearts. They may make nice products now but they has severely damaged their reputation in my books and I couldn't recommend them to anyone based on that. Maybe their stuff is good but the only time I seem to hear recommendations for their stuff is from HeadFi. Seems like there's some reasoning behind that. Even Linus thinks Schitt is well, shit. 

Schiit gear gets recommended on this sub forum rather often, actually. Also, from what I recall, Linus liked the Magni/Modi when he reviewed them a while ago. 

Just watched the video over again, and Linus actually likes Schiit... So your last point is simply false, unless you have talked to him about Schiit since he made the video...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

Schiit gear gets recommended on this sub forum rather often, actually. Also, from what I recall, Linus liked the Magni/Modi when he reviewed them a while ago.

Just watched the video over again, and Linus actually likes Schiit... So your last point is simply false, unless you have talked to him about Schiit since he made the video...

OK, fair enough. I'm just trolling.